midou3

NVC processing for parents

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guinea
Timeline

Hello everyone. As most of us who come to this life saver site I have questions. Sorry in advance in post gets lengthy that's because of the situation.

As a U.S. I petitioned for my mom. USCIS finished processing and now case is at NVC. There too, i have paid AOS fee $125 now need to pay the remaining $325. It's all good. Now I received the first envelope from nvc case number and everything else. But i did not understand what are the supporting documents to be submitted to the NVC for processing I know of the affidavit of support.

But does NVC needs my mom's birth certificate?

Two years ago my father passed she had a customary wedding recently is my dad's death certificate needed at any point in the processing?

Also her recent wedding had nothing official, just family and friends therefore the lack of certificate to proof new wedding can that be an issue?

She's in her early sixties.

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone. As most of us who come to this life saver site I have questions. Sorry in advance in post gets lengthy that's because of the situation.

As a U.S. I petitioned for my mom. USCIS finished processing and now case is at NVC. There too, i have paid AOS fee $125 now need to pay the remaining $325. It's all good. Now I received the first envelope from nvc case number and everything else. But i did not understand what are the supporting documents to be submitted to the NVC for processing I know of the affidavit of support.

Two years ago my father passed she had a customary wedding recently is my dad's death certificate needed at any point in the processing?

Also her recent wedding had nothing official, just family and friends therefore the lack of certificate to proof new wedding can that be an issue?

For your mother, you don't need the wedding certificate, just the birth certificate.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/immigration-parents

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Take a look here it details all documents needed.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Supporting_documents.html

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I see what you are saying after reading it again. Exception: If you are the Petitioner for your parent (IR-5, Parent of a U.S. Citizen), you do not have to submit your marriage certificate. I guess this is because it's not a marriage/fiancé visa.

The documents I am preparing to send in, whenever we get to that stage as we can't get as far as completing the DS261 due to log in issues, are my birth certificate, copy of my passport, copy of my final divorce decree, police certificate and my daughters birth certificate. God willing that will be all that is needed. From what I had read on that website the photographs can be brought to the interview. I was also told this on the phone when I contacted the NVC. I hope this helps somewhat :-)

Applicants using Form DS-260

If you are applying for an immigrant visa, using Form DS-260, you must provide two (2) identical photos at your immigrant visa interview. Your photos must be:Printed on photo quality paper

2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size

• 4 months later...
Timeline

Today, I called the NVC regarding my mom's petition. Well, in July I sent them a package containing my birth certificate, her police records, her birth certificate, passport copy, affidavit of support.

Since I did not hear from them all this while I decided to call NVC to my great surprise, on the third attempt it went thru. Twenty two minutes later, someone came on the line. I provided my informations. Then asked how to help me I replied I needed updates on my case (petition) looked and said "Oh we sent you a checklist of things we needed to complete your case." I replied I had sent those documents in, she goes "I see we only received the affidavit of support nothing else" I said it was in the same envelope how come you only received part not the whole.

Vjers, what are the odds of this happening in the same envelope only some documents are received not the whole contents?

Is there something particular I can do? What are my options and again these NVC folks requesting my mom's wedding certificate I thought that was not needed since it's a spousal petition!

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Oh well the all famous NVC! My petition has been dragging since March 2015 and it's now November and nothing happened. I called in about to inquire about my petition I learned that the envelope I sent two months earlier containing my moms civil documents (birth certificate, police records, my pay stubs along with I-864) only the police records were received guess someone threw the remaining papers in the shredder. Same day I requested a supervisor review. 47 days ago today (11/06/2015) I called in to check representative was like I see the supervisor requested your documents on 11/03/2015 me who was thinking that review dates were up I was surprised to learn that only after the dates that the supervisor requested my file. How come they lost my other documents from the same envelope. I know that I can almost do nothing seat and wait if there is besides seat and wait please advised and I find weird the fact that the supervisor I spoke said that I needed my mom's wedding certificate, my dad's death and certificate and mom remarried after my dad died her new wedding certificate also.

Are these documents normal for a mom son relation?

What do the attached file say about my petition?

post-184456-0-78588300-1446833444_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I have a question to you all VJers. My mom's petition is currently at the NVC. I was just wondering if my 15 year old brother and 17 year old sister can apply for a follow to join thru my mom. Also my mom is not married to my father can my step father (who did not adopt me) file a follow to join too?

Thank you.

Timeline

I have a question to you all VJers. My mom's petition is currently at the NVC. I was just wondering if my 15 year old brother and 17 year old sister can apply for a follow to join thru my mom. Also my mom is not married to my father can my step father (who did not adopt me) file a follow to join too?

Thank you.

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Hi everyone. My mom petition was sent to an embassy about 500 miles away from my home town she went there and was put under Administrative Processing for financial sponsor issues now she has to go home and no longer wants to come back to that embassy. My question is can I request a case transfer to my hometown embassy. This is an immigrant visa case the embassy in my hometown does not process Immigrant visas big hick up! Is there anyway i can maybe mail the requested documents directly to the embassy is this an option?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.