EvanB

Canadian police certificate

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guy,

First post here! So I'm in the (longer than expected) process of going through a K1 visa, and am at the point where my case was sent fro the NVC to the consulate in Montreal. I have been waiting for my packet 3 instructions for about a month and just found out I can actually do all that without receiving anything it in the mail... wish I knew that sooner! Anyways I am reading through the checklist of the things I'm required to have before I mail off packet 3, one thing being the police certificate...

I'm a little confused by this from everything I've been reading. Can this be done by any police force or must it be done by RCMP? And what's the easiest way? I am about to turn 27, and have lived in Montreal for about 25 years before coming to Toronto a year and a half ago.

Do I need just one certifcate (Toronto Police?) or also documentation from Montreal police since I spent majority of my life there? I also read that people have just gone to their local PD and did it within minutes (and it was able to confirm it checked all of Canada etc)...

Sorry to draw this out so long, but what is my best option here? Can I just go to any Toronto police station and get this document? Do I need to do at at an RCMP office? Anything special required from having lived in 2 cities?

Thanks for any help guys! All this stuff starts to make my head spin.

No you don't need separate ones from the cities you've lived. I recommend the commissionaires: easy, cheap, fast. Google it for Toronto.(and you only need the "fingerprint version" if you have a criminal record.

That person who replied is right. I went to my local police and they said they don't do it there.. Go to Commisionaires... double checked by calling RCMP they recommended Commisionaires also

Commisionaires looks in all of Canada... That is what USCIS wants. Not for a particular city.

Commisionaires is your best route.. At least it was for me

You are making too much out of this ... did it on my own, organization was the key.. Go step by step on their list and that was easiest to me.. don't get ahead of yourself

Wish the best.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.