sherif23

field office processing back to 2014

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everyone

I applied December 8th for the Naturalization based on three year rule.

I am six months in and all I received and completed was the biometrics

but what really is concerning is that when i visited the local office processing times (Hartford CT) - it said July 2014

what does that really mean to the average Joe?

do I just not bother calling or make an info pass? i mean i am five month ahead of the application dates they are currently processing

thanks

Edited by sherif23

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everyone

I applied December 8th for the Naturalization based on three year rule.

I am six months in and all I received and completed was the biometrics

but what really is concerning is that when i visited the local office processing times (Hartford CT) - it said July 2014

what does that really mean to the average Joe?

do I just not bother calling or make an info pass? i mean i am five month ahead of the application dates they are currently processing

thanks

If it's been more than 120 days since your bio, then they are behind on your application and you can ask them to take action.

If it's been less than 120 days, then an Infopass may still help.

Hartford is probably a small office and may be understaffed, but you should still follow-up.

Don't worry about the online processing dates... they are pretty much meaningless.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Timeline

thank you very much

it has been right around 120 days

so do you recommend just to call customer service and ask for them to take action or follow up

or do i still resort to an info pass

Timeline

thank you very much

it has been right around 120 days

so do you recommend just to call customer service and ask for them to take action or follow up

or do i still resort to an info pass

Both.

If you get an answer on the phone, or within a few days, you can cancel the appointment.

If it's almost been 120 days, then wait until day 121... they have a tendency to tell you to call back after 120 days.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Timeline

JimmyHou

I tried calling and was pretty much shut down that the 120 status means nothing, and they are processing July 30th applications so I should just sit tight and try calling again in 3-4 months

unbelievable

Timeline

JimmyHou

I tried calling and was pretty much shut down that the 120 status means nothing, and they are processing July 30th applications so I should just sit tight and try calling again in 3-4 months

unbelievable

That's 100% wrong.

You can call back and try to speak with someone else. I assume you spoke with an actual USCIS officer (Tier 2) and not an operator or customer service rep.

You can schedule an Infopass appointment.

You can contact your congressional representatives... this is probably what I would do at this point... if they're going to lie to you on the phone, then I wouldn't waste my time with them. They may be behind, but that doesn't mean your application is within normal processing times.

Edited by JimmyHou

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.