intrigueace

Starting K1 soon-few questions

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Angola
Timeline

Hi there,

I've been studying this site for about 8 months since my guy and I met in an airport in Spain and fell in love. He's already visited me once in the States and we're vacationing in South Africa in a few weeks (he lives in Angola). I've put together most of our K1 docs based on everything I've read here and he's going to bring me his passport sized photos and sign our letter of intent when we get together.

I just had a few quick questions and really was hoping for just some general moral support from people who understand. This has obviously been a bear to be separated like this and I know we're getting ready for the next big test as we wait through this process. From what I've read, the fact that we're similar in age, race, religion, economic status, and language (English), hopefully means we should be a relatively open/shut case with no cause for additional RFE's to further slow us down.

Questions:

1. I only have my flight itinerary from when we 1st met in the airport (I renewed my passport since then so I don't have the stamp) but he said he has his passport stamp. Should we be ok with that? I'm putting all our travel and pictures in a powerpoint doc and was going to highlight the layover in my itinerary and his passport stamp to show when we met.
  2. I started taking Portuguese language lessons after his US visit (His parents don't speak English). Is that receipt something I should include or is that out of scope in terms of proof of an ongoing relationship? I've got lots of pics and receipts from the US visit, including a pic with him and my mom when we visited my parents and I'm planning on taking many in SA; just didn't know if I needed to over inform.
  3. On the 129F sample summary form, it says birth certificate/passport. Do I need to include just one or both?
  4. Does our letter of intent to marry need to be 2 separate documents or can we sign and date just one document?

Thanks so much for your help.

D

Our K1 journey

• August 30, 2014-met in Spain, fell in love (L)
  • March 2015-he visited me in the U.S.
  • May 22, 2015-we went on vacation together and signed our I-129F docs
  • May 27, 2015-submitted I-129F
  • May 28, 2015-I-129F received in Texas lockbox
  • June 1, 2015-NOA1 received at CSC (email & text) :dancing:
  • June 2, 2015-check cashed
  • June 5, 2015-NOA1 letter received
  • July 10, 2015-NOA2 (updated on USCIS case tracker app) :dancing:
  • July 20, 2015-NOA2 letter received
  • July 28, 2015- Got case #!! :idea:
  • July 31,2015 Case left NVC
  • August 10, 2015 Case at embassy
  • August 14, 2015 Case "ready"
  • October: Fiance decided he was too afraid to move so he broke up with me :crying:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

1. I'm not really sure about the answer to this one sorry :-/

2. So I didn't front load my petition with pictures, in fact in comparison to some people my initial petition seemed light (although we had the benifit of him living here for a while). But we wrote a letter saying how we met, and have met since and both signed and dated the single letter. But I think passport stamps and maybe one or two photos would be enough. The proof of relationship stuff (at least IMO) is mostly needed for the interview, but don't quote me on that.

3.you can do either or you don't need both

4. We just did the one letter that we both signed and dated

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.