guitarjam

CFO required for stepson?

11 posts in this topic

My wife already got a CFO certificate back in 2013 when she got her son's and her passports, and will need the sticker in her passport that they will give her when she has a visa in hand.

Does her son, my stepson need a CFO certificate and sticker in his passport as well?

Thanks!

Mar 12, 2015 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila thru Embassy Outreach visit

My wife already got a CFO certificate back in 2013 when she got her son's and her passports, and will need the sticker in her passport that they will give her when she has a visa in hand.

Does her son, my stepson need a CFO certificate and sticker in his passport as well?

Thanks!

GuitarJam, yes. 12 y/o and below still require to have a cfo sticker, not the certificate. And he doesn't need to attend the PDOS. Edited by RoseCV

GuitarJam, yes. 12 y/o and below still require to have a cfo sticker, not the certificate. And he doesn't need to attend the PDOS.

Thanks for the reply;

What is PDOS? Is this the Guidance and Counseling Certificate they receive from the classroom lecture? The payment for this is an Official receipt showing "registration" "documentary stamp tax" fees.

Mar 12, 2015 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila thru Embassy Outreach visit

Thanks for the link;

But it states

"The Peer Counseling Seminar is a special session for those with ages 13 to 19 years, which aims to prepare them emotionally for the adjustments they will have to take."

That would mean my 17yr old stepson would have to attend then. But he wasn't required to attend when he got his passport issued to him like my spouse had to attend.

And she didn't have any VISA yet, she had to attend prior to getting her passport...

She had to attend prior to getting her passport or did you guys just schedule it that way since it was more convenient?

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Audentes Fortuna Adiuvat"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

Mar 13, 2015 - CFO Manila - Done

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

Thanks for the link;

But it states

"The Peer Counseling Seminar is a special session for those with ages 13 to 19 years, which aims to prepare them emotionally for the adjustments they will have to take."

That would mean my 17yr old stepson would have to attend then. But he wasn't required to attend when he got his passport issued to him like my spouse had to attend.

And she didn't have any VISA yet, she had to attend prior to getting her passport...

GuitarJam

Your son need to attend the seminar for 13 to 19 y/o counselling once he get his visa. It's required by the Phil. law.

Your wife & I did the same thing.

We attend the seminar to those married to foreign spouses.

it's part of the requirements to change our lastname in new passport.

She had to attend prior to getting her passport or did you guys just schedule it that way since it was more convenient?

Requirement to change to married name change

GuitarJam

Your son need to attend the seminar for 13 to 19 y/o counselling once he get his visa. It's required by the Phil. law.

Thanks, yes will wait till the VISA's are received for my stepson to attend the seminar, that way they can both also get the stickers in their passports at the same time, instead of going back later

Thanks

• 8 months later...

GuitarJam

So my stepson [17yrs old] will have to register here?

https://cfo.ph/PDOS_Reservation/

And he would not register for the GCP, Guidance & Counseling Program, since he's not a spouse, correct?

And my wife already got her GCP certificate, so no PDOS for her? It states that one can have the certificate, but not be registered. How does one register if they already have the certificate?'

Since the wife and stepson will both be going at the same time, she can get her sticker on her visa, and he should as well after the PDOS seminar the same day...

Thanks

Edited by guitarjam

So my stepson [17yrs old] will have to register here?

https://cfo.ph/PDOS_Reservation/

Actually since he's 17 he would attend the PCS [Peer Counseling Program, but I don't see a link for that, unless its the same one for the PDOS...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.