jonilui

Montreal Interview Dates

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Any recent applicants who have landed interview dates? Wondering how far out they are scheduling. I was really hoping to score an interview in May and go to the U.S. in June, but given how slowly things have been moving (waiting for P4), this doesn't seem very likely.

Timeline

Once the NVC sent our application to Montreal, we called for our MTLnumber. The Montreal website was fairly easy to navigate once you have your MTL number and set up your online account. You complete the online forms, pay for the application and select your Loomis location to receive your completed Visa and passport at. We were able to select the Calendar and it shows the available time slots. I then got a confirmation page that I printed. We thought there would be something sent in regular mail so I contacted the Consulate. They replied there is no mailed confirmations. That our confirmation page from the website is all you need for your medical and to bring on your interview day. I did this at the end of March and was able to get May 6th. So I think it's fair to say they are booking interviews 5-6 weeks out.

Good Luck!

Timeline

I see in your timeline that you sent your P3 april 14, so 3 days ago. Don't worry too much, in my case and a couple of other people I saw on VJ, Montreal send P4 around a week later. Montreal have an average of a month wait for interview but you can always go back to check if some spots open earlier when you have already book your interview. I know it's a never ending process but soon you'll be in the US with your love one and all the stress will be behind.

Good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes - keep checking

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just had an interview scheduled for me in MTL for May 15th. I wasn't aware they would do it for me and it's way too early for me. :(

Timeline

I just had an interview scheduled for me in MTL for May 15th. I wasn't aware they would do it for me and it's way too early for me. :(

I wish I could have yours :(

I've been checking the site like crazy for the past few days and nothing's been released.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Has anyone been able to pay for their MRV fee online yet? I got my P4 but I'm having issues making a payment and their help center isn't really of much help. I don't think I can even make an appointment if I can't pay for it to begin with.

Timeline

My guess is if there are no interview dates available it may be linked to their payment system. When I went through the steps, I paid, was shown a printable receipt, then booked the interview appointment. Following that I printed a confirmation page that we later confirmed was all we would receive. I would just keep trying.

We were nervous that nothing came in the mail (like everything else) so when I emailed them this was the response:

Good day,

When scheduling your interview on the website, you received a confirmation. You must use this confirmation to schedule your medical examination.

No additional appointment letter will be provided.

You can contact the Official U.S. Visa Information & Appointment Services to inquire about the possibility to have your visa delivered at any Canadian location of your choice.

If you have any questions regarding the courier service, you may visit the Official U.S. Visa Information & Appointment Services website at https://usvisa-info.com/ or contact their call center https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv/information/contact_us.

Timeline

My guess is if there are no interview dates available it may be linked to their payment system. When I went through the steps, I paid, was shown a printable receipt, then booked the interview appointment. Following that I printed a confirmation page that we later confirmed was all we would receive. I would just keep trying.

Not in my case, unfortunately. I was directed to their payment system and successfully paid. When I got to the scheduling page, no appointments were available. I don't think they are linked.

I did email them to find out what was going on with the lack of appointments and they wrote back:

Thank you for your inquiry.

The Consulate General in Montreal is committed to scheduling visa interview appointments as soon as possible after the applicant’s file is documentarily ready. The Consulate General works closely with the National Visa Center and CSC Visa Information Services, our appointment system contractor, to determine the number and category of immigrant visa cases that are ready for interview, and ensure there are adequate appointments available. The calendar is reviewed several times per month, and additional appointment slots may be added as available visa numbers change. If there are no appointments available, applicants are requested to re-try regularly, as it is likely additional appointment slots will be opened.

Applicants who need assistance in making a visa appointment can visit the Official U.S. Visa Information & Appointment Services website at https://usvisa-info.com/, or contact their office at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv/information/contact_us

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.