kakkaroto

London DCF how to proceed

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all,

My wife filed DCF in London on my behalf at the end of April (timeline in my signature), before flying off to the USA to visit her family. I estimate we will get the NOA2 by the end of April (provided we are approved of course), I plan on flying to USA for a few week in May joining my wife and returning with her in the beginning of June.

My questions are as follows:

1) At what point should I start getting the police certificate, vaccination records etc?

2) My sister in-law will co sponsor me, should I obtain all the required paperwork from her in June or is this too early?

3) From the co sponsor I will get 3 years worth of tax returns, 6 month worth of pay stubs and completed i-864 form, do I need anything else a letter from the employer perhaps?

4) The pay stubs will be print outs she is able to get (I'm assuming they are issued electronically) is this OK? or do they need to be verified in some way?

Thanks in advance for any help / advice offered.

Married to my amazing wife in August 2012

Lived in UK for two years on a spouse visa then decided due to varying factors to try make a go of it in the USA.

• I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London:
  • 20/03/2015 - Despatched I-130
  • 23/03/2015 - Delivery confirmed via Royalmail tracking
  • 26/03/2015 - Payment taken from UK Credit Card, NOA1 dated 26/03
  • 20/04/2015 - Applied for ACRO Police Certificate online
  • 02/05/2015 - Received Police Certificate in the mail
  • 23/05/2015 - Received RFE
  • 10/06/2015 - Evidence despatched
  • 11/06/2015 - Delivery confirmed via Royalmail tracking
  • 16/06/2015 - Notification of Acceptance received NOA2 dated 15/06/2015

Hi all,

My wife filed DCF in London on my behalf at the end of April (timeline in my signature), before flying off to the USA to visit her family. I estimate we will get the NOA2 by the end of April (provided we are approved of course), I plan on flying to USA for a few week in May joining my wife and returning with her in the beginning of June.

My questions are as follows:

1) At what point should I start getting the police certificate, vaccination records etc?

2) My sister in-law will co sponsor me, should I obtain all the required paperwork from her in June or is this too early?

3) From the co sponsor I will get 3 years worth of tax returns, 6 month worth of pay stubs and completed i-864 form, do I need anything else a letter from the employer perhaps?

4) The pay stubs will be print outs she is able to get (I'm assuming they are issued electronically) is this OK? or do they need to be verified in some way?

Thanks in advance for any help / advice offered.

1) TODAY!!

2) No. She can start getting her documentation gathered now

3) Have her get tax return transcripts from the IRS. Online. Print out. http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

Otherwise any W2s or 1099s must accompany a printout of every page of the tax return. See I-864 instructions. She puts total income from 2012, 2013, 2014 on the form, but you only need the transcript or return from 2014 for your interview. One supplement for London will be enough. Either pay stubs or an employer letter. You also need proof of her US citizenship or LPR status. See I-864 instructions.

4) Yes. Photocopies are allowed of W2s, tax return, her birth certificate (citizenship), etc.

If her tax return is joint, she must clearly show her own separate income is sufficient because the tax return would lump all income together. The pay stubs or employer letter should cover that.

Your trip will delay you getting the visa because of being away and not being able to attend the medical, but you can submit your DS-230 online from anywhere. You can start the DS-230 now and save for submission when the time comes. Otherwise you might not have all you need at hand to complete in the US. If you have a way to call Knightsbridge while away, you can make an appointment for shortly after your return. You can also complete the online readiness form once you know the date of your medical. You won't be assigned an interview until London has received the medical results from the clinic. An interview will usually be about 6 weeks after the medical, but by June/July it gets busier at the embassy, so a longer wait would be nothing to worry about.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks Nich-Nick, very informative as usual.

I'm going to send off for the Police certificate as soon as possible, one of the proof of address they say they would accept a phone bill, does anyone know if an ebill would suffice?

Also do I scan just the front page of a bank statement bill or the entire thing?

Edited by kakkaroto

Married to my amazing wife in August 2012

Lived in UK for two years on a spouse visa then decided due to varying factors to try make a go of it in the USA.

• I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London:
  • 20/03/2015 - Despatched I-130
  • 23/03/2015 - Delivery confirmed via Royalmail tracking
  • 26/03/2015 - Payment taken from UK Credit Card, NOA1 dated 26/03
  • 20/04/2015 - Applied for ACRO Police Certificate online
  • 02/05/2015 - Received Police Certificate in the mail
  • 23/05/2015 - Received RFE
  • 10/06/2015 - Evidence despatched
  • 11/06/2015 - Delivery confirmed via Royalmail tracking
  • 16/06/2015 - Notification of Acceptance received NOA2 dated 15/06/2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.