Jump to content

Email or Mail in civil documents?

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My parents case will be in Montreal and their case number start as MTL. From the website it said I can email documents in


So I emailed all the document April 1st. I got the check list today that we are missing the documents. I am resending my email again. I just got the reply

"Your assigned embassy or consulate does not participate in the NVC's electronic processing program. Therefore, you cannot submit forms or documents by email. Instead, you should send your documents to us by mail to this address:

National Visa Center

Attn: DR

31 Rochester Ave. Suite 100

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914

If you have more questions about your case, you can email us at asknvc@state.gov, or call us at 603-334-0700."

I got two questions:

1) Does that mean they don't accept email civil documents for my case? Should I call?

2) If I have to mail in, I heard that now they accept photocopies, is that true? Or I should still mail originals?

Thanks tons


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

weird, canada has an option of ep'ing or snail mail. i don't know why you got that message. there's been a lot of computer chaos at the nvc the past 2 days. maybe its best you call. its worth the call.

these days snail mail is quicker.

you cannot switch to snail mail after you ep.

nvc no longer accepts originals. always send in copies. originals are presented at the interview.

good luck.

30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.