Jump to content

Obtaining an Argentina certificado de antecedentes penales out of country

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi, all. Wondering if its accurate when I say that Fiance needs to go to an Argentina Embassy to complete the certificado de antecedentes penales . I know the part...

You must obtain the nationally produced "Certificado de Antecedentes Penales" issued by the "Registro Nacional de Reincidencia" of the Federal Ministry of Justice and Human Rights at Tucumán 1353, Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires.

The petition must specifically mention that the certificate is requested "con excepción al artículo 51 del Código Penal".

For further information, please contact the above mentioned office by phone: 4374-5611/ 12/ 13. or visit the web site where you will find additional information at: http://www.dnrec.jus.gov.ar/Atencion_Particular.aspx

I then get to http://www.dnrec.jus.gov.ar/SolicitudCertificado/Default.aspx?mod=mandatario with the instructions about going to the embassy. But the drop down selection makes you choose a $ delivery option , and a type of representative. He is doing this, so I found the personal selection @ http://www.dnrec.jus.gov.ar/SolicitudCertificado/Default.aspx?mod=personal but its instructions are for doing this within Argentina, I believe.

He is in Medellin, so he needs to travel to Bogota for this completed form? And could we choose the 24 hour delivery and pick it up? Wanted to do this over the internet now, but may have to do this right before our K1 interview; but cutting it close sounds stressful. Any Input? Thanks

Edited by michy9

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, FYI, I found out that yes, to obtain this document, one has to go to the Argentinian embassy after starting the form from the above links. The document is emailed in 6 hrs to 5 days (depending how much you want to pay). Was hoping to do this sooner, but we will now include this step on our interview trip. Any others with similar experience? Thanks

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.