Ouray777

21 days since DS261 & still waiting IV bill

17 posts in this topic

Yesterday I called and the girl said they would review my ds261 in 42 days. Today I called to give my Email adress, to ask if they had receive my AOS AND CIVIL DOCUMENTS PACKAGE and the girl told me they received them on Monday 20th so I asked how long would they take to review my ds-261 and she told me about 42 days but if u chose yourself or ur husband as your agent then I can review it over the phone right now if u'd like and I said of course I want u to do it, I chose my husband as my agent and she did review it and made the update hope $325 fee is able from tomorrow to monday.. So happy.. They reviewed my ds-261 in 8 days. :dance:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I had said sending payments to NVC by 2-Day Priority got faster results than paying on line through a bank account, but "jinx", our IV payment, which was supposed to reach NVC on April 17th, didn't reach them until late afternoon on April 22nd. It was stuck at the sorting facility here for a week! The next afternoon, on the 23rd it showed as "paid" and we were able to do the DS-260.Today, by USPS Overnight Express I sent the AOS and IV package together, which is how the NVC site says it has to be done nowadays, unless you want your process to be delayed 60 days. Now all we can do is wait. I stress so much over all the waiting, I even have strange dreams about clocks and calendars sometimes!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.