AstraSunny

Girlfriend " rules on entry re entry on 10 year visa?

40 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for your help guys. This story revolves around a friend of mine. I heard stories similar about visitors to US trying to circumvent the visa requirements. I read the official Border control websites and came to the same conclusion.My friend "shot the messenger " slammed phone down and said "you're talking ****"

Knowing him he'll gamble then blame everybody else if she gets turned around.

If you've any ideas fire on please.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You're trying to have her live here without saying that....

Legal Loopholes such as what? She is legal to come here and visit. There's no loophole.

Edited by Shauneg

Timeline

No, that's the plan eventually.

It's what you are doing.. 11 of 13 months? Nobody visits anywhere that long.....if they catch on that she's visiting here boyfriend that whole time as well as what you said about her having no job, house or anything to go back to then it's looks all the worse to POE.

You should read the posts Sharing.

I have and I did, I was the first to respond to your original post....I've been talking to you the whole time...... :protest:

Timeline

I'm a EU citizen with residency so I figure that this will not help either?

Ok, that's what I kinda thought. So if she alternates between South America and US with the greatest time out, that'll be the best way until I can get residency for her?

Thanks for your help guys. This story revolves around a friend of mine. I heard stories similar about visitors to US trying to circumvent the visa requirements. I read the official Border control websites and came to the same conclusion.My friend "shot the messenger " slammed phone down and said "you're talking ****"

Is this for your friend or you? Now you're just sounding decietful....

Timeline

My girlfriend stayed in USA for 5 1/2 months, she has been out of the country for 2 months. What will be the outcome if she returns within 2 months?

Am I wasting my hard earned dollars on the flight? She lives in South America?

She has a ten years visa

No mortgage, job or house in South America, should I marry her? After this trip she'll have stayed 11 months out of 13 in the USA, is this or will this cause major problems at POE?

I'm a EU citizen with residency so I figure that this will not help either?

Ok, that's what I kinda thought. So if she alternates between South America and US with the greatest time out, that'll be the best way until I can get residency for her?

That's exactly what I told my friend.

You are trying to circumvent the visa, she won't get in, the PoE officers are not stupid. Do it right, but he just says it'll be fine.

STUPID I KNOW, I spent about half an hour reading and realised he's in a bad situation

HUH?

Thanks, it's not about me. I'm in the UK and happy here. It's kinda irrelevant who the advice is for really. I came to the same conclusion and "helpfully " told my friend. He went ballistic and said point me to a similar case or **** *ff.

That's why I wrote this up, thanks for the advice do you have any experience (legal) or just knowledge from travelling?

The thread started with she being your girlfriend and now eneded being your friend's girlfriend?

Tell your girlfriend to get a job back home in South America, chill out for at least 8 months by which time she should qualify for 1 week vacation, go to the US for that one week and then head on back home. The added benefit will be that with her having a job she will be able to afford her own plane ticket.

Timeline

Thanks, it's not about me. I'm in the UK and happy here. It's kinda irrelevant who the advice is for really. I came to the same conclusion and "helpfully " told my friend. He went ballistic and said point me to a similar case or **** *ff.

That's why I wrote this up, thanks for the advice do you have any experience (legal) or just knowledge from travelling?

First of all you told me a minute to go read back over everything not even realizing I've talked to you already about all of this from the beginning, more than anyone. Then when I go back and quote everything you've said it looks like you're lying.

It's not irrevelent when you keep going back and forth about who it's for.....tell him it's ok, just let her come here. Tell them at the poe that she wants to stay here with her boyfriend the full 10 years on the visa and she doesn't care what they think. Should work out well.

Semantics, but you guys have given advice I actually thought was the case. Which is why I posted.

My friend is literally trying to have his cake and eat it.

Stupid thing is that if she gets turned around at the airport and loses the visa, it'll be very difficult for her to get another.

He told me she's going to try (STUPID IMHO) to reenter.

You can lead a horse to water.....

Timeline

Semantics, but you guys have given advice I actually thought was the case. Which is why I posted.

My friend is literally trying to have his cake and eat it.

Stupid thing is that if she gets turned around at the airport and loses the visa, it'll be very difficult for her to get another.

He told me she's going to try (STUPID IMHO) to reenter.

You can lead a horse to water.....

It's not semantics at all, but ok. Good for him and her. I think it's a good idea.

I'm not sure why you are upset, your advice and guidance is exactly what I need to pass on to my friend.

Everyone has said exactly the same stuff really.

My friend has an arrogance that borders on stupidity.

As earlier I spent a short time reading the Web and thought " you cannot use a holiday visa for full time ( nearly) residency.

I got very angry when he suggested visiting the UK for some dental treatment on our NHS NATIONAL HEALTH SERVICE

Pm me a mobile number and I'll text you from the UK, but

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.