Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Affidavit of Support Requirements

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone, I am the Canadian spouse of a US Citizen and I am applying for an Adjustment of Status from within the US. My questions are on the Affidavit of Support. My husband has 3 in his household size (includes himself and 2 children not living with him). Therefore he does not make enough money to be the only Sponsor. We just moved from out of state and he recently just got a job making $24,000 a year but has only been there a week. He only made $17,000 last year (2014) at his other job. We are acquiring a joint sponsor. My questions are:

1. I know my husband is the main sponsor and has to file out and Affidavit of Support. He is late filing his 2012 and 2013 Income tax returns. He is also just filing his 2014 Income Tax now so he does not have IRS transcripts. Would it be fine to submit his tax forms and say that we will forward the IRS tax transcripts when in receipt? Also, will my husband need a letter from his employer that he has been hired to a certain position, just started working and making $, even though we have a joint sponsor?

2. We have a joint sponsor who is making well over 125% of the poverty line. If he has filed his 2014 taxes but has not yet received his IRS transcript. He has his transcripts for 2012 and 2013. Should he include his 2012 and 2013 transcripts on his Aff. of Support as well as the 2014 tax forms stating he is waiting for the 2014 IRS transcript?

3. I am Canadian and my 6 months will run out on April 20th, and then I will be *out of status*. My third question is, is it better to wait for the IRS transcripts for the Affidavits of Support and then file my immigration documents, being *out of status*? OR, is it better to send in what documents I have, while being* in status *and send other documents required later?

I am nervous as my time is running out. Thanks so much. Anne

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...