feeling_hopeful

How I got action on my K1 Visa case after a month of nothing. (Post Interview.)

9 posts in this topic

This is nothing new for anyone, including myself, but I never got a response other than "wait."

What finally worked for me is the formatting of my email.

After a month of waiting, post-interview, with no update on the CEAC or USTraveldocs website, I became concerned about nothing moving with my case. I sent a few emails to support@ustraveldocs.com with no real support whatsoever, only a generic response that said to literally wait.

I did this DAILY for weeks, hoping to get a response. And nothing.

Finally, I went all out and sent an extremely detailed email to them. They finally responded back! And asked for more information! Within an hour!

Here's what you HAVE to send them in order for any help - they won't help anyone who won't give out details.

FIRST start the email with

Petitioner: Your full name

Date of Birth: Your Date of Birth

Email address: Email address you use for correspondence.

Beneficiary: Your finance's full name

Date of Birth: Fiance's Date of Birth.

Email address: Email address of your fiance.

Passport Number: Fiance's passport number

Secondly, finish the email with

Date of Interview: The day you had your interview, and the result of that date. (This was not included in my first email, but requested after they contacted me!)

Your SDO Number: This is the number you have been using at the CEAC website.

Your UID Number: This is the number on the top right of the USTraveldocs website, located in parenthesis, next to Logged in as, your email (344XXXXXX).

Your invoice Number: You were given this way back when. I forget exactly, it's been so long. But you should include it.

That's it! I had a response in about an hour or so, and my case has flew since then. I went from being "READY" to "ISSUED" within a business day.

Good Luck, I really hope I've helped someone here.

Congrats!

This type of information is always useful!

Last year in may and june, I read somewhere, I really don't know if it was here or the Embassy's website, CEAC page, that in order to send an email, write the case number, (SDOXXXXXX) in the subject, and like you just showed, start the body of the email with the full name and date of birth of both the beneficiary and petitioner..... the first email I sent I got a reply in 2 days like the embassy's website said, with my packet (interview letter, etc) attached; I sent other emails and they replied right away, but there was one that I got a reply a like 7 days later because was around the days of the relocation of the embassy. The email address that I used was santodomingovisas@state.gov

With the new process, it makes sense to use the invoice and UID number, but I was told that the case number is the must important info they need to find out in their system!

I'm glad you got an answer and I hope you get your problem solved asap!

10/08/2014 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

10/16/2014 - NOAs:

11/18/2014 - Bio. Appointment

11/25/2014 - AOS Update (Ready for Interview)

12/30/2014 - EAD Approved (Card in production)

12/30/2014 - AP Approved

01/06/2015 - EAD/AP Card Mailed

01/07/2015 - EAD/AP Card Received

01/14/2015 - AOS Update (Interview scheduled)

02/18/2015 - AOS Interview (Approved!)

02/18/2015 - AOS Updated (Card is being produced)

02/19/2015 - Welcome Notice Mailed

02/24/2015 - Welcome Notice Received

02/24/2015 - Card mailed

02/27/2015 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

12/27/2016 - ROC filed (California Service Center)

12/28/2016 - NOA

01/08/2017 - Bio. Appointment Notice received

01/25/2017 - Bio. Appointment done.

12/12/2017 - I-551 Stamp on passport

06/12/2017 - "Approval Notice" DHS website (notice mailed)

06/12/2018 - Card in production

06/16/2018 - Approval Notice/Notice of Action received in the mail.

06/19/2018 GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

Congrats!

This type of information is always useful!

Last year in may and june, I read somewhere, I really don't know if it was here or the Embassy's website, CEAC page, that in order to send an email, write the case number, (SDOXXXXXX) in the subject, and like you just showed, start the body of the email with the full name and date of birth of both the beneficiary and petitioner..... the first email I sent I got a reply in 2 days like the embassy's website said, with my packet (interview letter, etc) attached; I sent other emails and they replied right away, but there was one that I got a reply a like 7 days later because was around the days of the relocation of the embassy. The email address that I used was santodomingovisas@state.gov

With the new process, it makes sense to use the invoice and UID number, but I was told that the case number is the must important info they need to find out in their system!

I'm glad you got an answer and I hope you get your problem solved asap!

That's a great idea about the subject including the SDO number.

I wish I could add it in the original post, but it's not possible to edit anymore. :(

Thank you for this information. I had my interview April 1st and was approved. The ceac website says that it was issued already. I have called Santiago (where I want to pick it up) and Santo Domingo to locate the visa but they both say that they don't have it. I think that I will get some real answers by email.

Thank you for this information. I had my interview April 1st and was approved. The ceac website says that it was issued already. I have called Santiago (where I want to pick it up) and Santo Domingo to locate the visa but they both say that they don't have it. I think that I will get some real answers by email.

What does ustraveldocs say?

The cgi secure force site says nothing as of yet. Is that what you meant?

Yeah. That's the same issue I had. It was blank - and then went back to step one.

They fixed it all within a day.

Just be very detailed and don't omit anything in your email.

Yeah. That's the same issue I had. It was blank - and then went back to step one.

They fixed it all within a day.

Just be very detailed and don't omit anything in your email.

Well I did send an email including all of that information at 7am yesterday morning.Someone responded within the hour only to tell me that the processing time can differ and to please be patient. And then there was an update later the travel docs site said "Passport has been received from the consular section and is currently being processed for delivery" around 1:30pm. And then later at 4:30pm it said "Passport is ready for pickup". So the Hubby is going to get it today. There wasn't anytime for him to go yesterday because it closes at 5pm and the drive is 45 minutes.

Well I did send an email including all of that information at 7am yesterday morning.Someone responded within the hour only to tell me that the processing time can differ and to please be patient. And then there was an update later the travel docs site said "Passport has been received from the consular section and is currently being processed for delivery" around 1:30pm. And then later at 4:30pm it said "Passport is ready for pickup". So the Hubby is going to get it today. There wasn't anytime for him to go yesterday because it closes at 5pm and the drive is 45 minutes.

Hell yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!. I am telling you - the email gets results..! lol

Once the passport is in his hands this nightmare is over. :)

Edited by feeling_hopeful

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.