Distant

Stuck in the immigrant Visa Process, Please Help.

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

You have issues with not wanting to disclose information like income, residents, proof of ID etc.

Along with what some call "creative wording" Example- We have a far relative who is able to be a joint sponsor... my brother. (yes some families are closer then others, but to call your own brother who resides in the same home with you a far relative? good grief)

So since you have expressed in several posts your desire to obtain a visa for your mother legally with out any issues of rejection I would strongly suggest you contact a reputable lawyer for assistance.

A lawyer will be able to give you one on one assistance- thats something you will not be able to get on a message board. They will have access to your personal documents and be able to tell you which forms you are lacking, see that everything is filled out properly and ensure that your mother makes it here.

For someone in your situation---- Thats the only way you will get step by step assistance.

I will strongly consider your advice Damara,

No, My Brother is Just someone who lives with me [i did't know if he is considered a household member or not; Ironically he isn't] and and I have Another Far relative who is going to be a joint sponsor, who is not my brother.

Where can I find a reputable lawyer, is www.visanow.com oky?

Roughly Speaking, how much will this cost me?

Thank you for expressing your point of view ,,

by the way, the tax form request you filled out was incomplete and is pretty much worthless.

what you filled out was a form asking for copies of tax returns you filed.

Did you file tax returns? IF you did then you would fill out points 6-9 stating the years you would like the copies of and they would provide them to you.

From reading your posts it appears you have not filled out or submitted ANY US tax returns, so requesting a copies of non-existent tax returns will produce a "tax return not found" result.

There is a procedure for people in a situation where returns have not been filed. It is complicated- hence the advice of seek a lawyers assistance.

(If you are determined to carry on the process by yourself- no one can stop you; by all means continue to post if you have additional questions and they probably will be answered, but personally I am not comfortable participating further and endangering your mothers visa status)

To be honest I know nothing about that site you posted. I would give this thread a good 24 hours for comments. It appears to be a visa processing service (?)

If anyone knows of a reputable visa processing service that can assist the OP here- please let him know.

1 For your joint sponsor, since your income is low- is the joint sponsor a USC or LPR? this means someone with a greencard or a citizen. They cant be on any type of visa.

2 For your taxes- As a USC you are required to file taxes no matter where you live in the world. I know! A big shock to most USCs! The good news is if you have very little income because you are a student, or no income you probably didnt need to file. So I am guessing you are not in trouble. You only would be in trouble if you were earning lots of money and never reported. And it would be financial and paperwork trouble now to fix it. You would still need paperwork to show you didnt need to file to excuse you from not having tax returns.

All of this a visa service or lawyer can help you with. The cost? I dont know. Again. I would encourage comments from others....

Edited by Damara

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.