Deepujhajj

FNU BEFORE NAME

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Good to know that india is faster now in Punjab.. lol

good luck and go ahead.

Thank you nd just one que came in my mind on the day of medical nd fingerprint do i need to take my new passport nd wen the interview letter gonna come on the appoitment letter there gonna be my old passport number so how it will work any idea pls

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Thank you nd just one que came in my mind on the day of medical nd fingerprint do i need to take my new passport nd wen the interview letter gonna come on the appoitment letter there gonna be my old passport number so how it will work any idea pls

No it won't work.. for medical m finger print you need the passport which yyou're going to present at the time of interview. As they will write your name exactly in the passport and note the passport number!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I will advise you to contact some person or agent who does this documentation work. Or tell your spouse to ask any attorney over there .. it might work.

And you want to clarify it with the NVC itself than its better. Or call Mumbai consulate and explain them the condition. They might come up with some solution.

Timeline

I will advise you to contact some person or agent who does this documentation work. Or tell your spouse to ask any attorney over there .. it might work.

And you want to clarify it with the NVC itself than its better. Or call Mumbai consulate and explain them the condition. They might come up with some solution.

I already contacted nvc nd we have attorney too they said make new passport nd bring to the new delhi embassy on the day of interview wt i want to know about the medical nd fingerprint procedure so if i take my new passport to medical nd fingerprint will be ok or i need to show them old one

• 6 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I already contacted nvc nd we have attorney too they said make new passport nd bring to the new delhi embassy on the day of interview wt i want to know about the medical nd fingerprint procedure so if i take my new passport to medical nd fingerprint will be ok or i need to show them old one

Hi, mine is the same as yours. I have a case complete. Got passport corrected to avoid FNU problems. NVC said the same to me. Now I want to ask you how did you go about with biometric? And did you also have to inform uscis separately or NVC was enough? Do share. Thanks.

1NOA: 27th Feb. 2015

USCIS approval: 17th July 2015

Scan Date NVC: 28th Sept. 2015

CC NVC: 23rd Oct. 2015

Some sort of additional processing/ sup. review/ they-don't-know-what-it-is-and-there-is-no-timeline: 12th Nov. 2015

Interview scheduled on 28th Dec. 2015

Interview Date: 1st Feb. 2016

• 1 year later...
Timeline
On 4/2/2015 at 1:54 AM, Deepujhajj said:

Hey bro i read on internet someone saying that i can req them on the day of interview by showing my names proofs that it was a mistake on passport

Or i can do one more thing i can make an affidavit stating my first nd last name is will it help any information on this

Thank you so much

Hi Deepijhajj,

The same problem is being faced by my son. He is likely to get his interview in Oct 2017. The new passport updated as Singh his last name is emailed to NVC on 22 Jul 2017 for correction of name and removal of FNU and still awaiting reply from NVC.

As you have already gone through this dilema of FNU so I want to know from your experience that if it is not updated by NVC before his interview then could it be corrected during Consular Interview?

By the way it will be great if you share your case outcome regarding the same.

Thanks in anticipation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.