shippingforecast

Requesting Earlier Interview Date

9 posts in this topic

Hello all.

I've read a couple of threads and saw that it's possible to request an earlier interview date via email. However I've seen conflicting information regarding the circumstances in which the requests were approved. I haven't been scheduled yet but I know it's likely to be past May 15th as the last CR-1 applicant on the case complete to interview thread had been given this date. My problem is that my police certificate expires on May 27th and I would find it incredibly difficult to obtain a new one. I have moved into a new area since filing for the CR-1 and there is no one here that would qualify to back the application for ACPO. Lying and having someone sign the form that hasn't known me for two years is definitely not something I'm prepared to do. However I know that during the USCIS petition phase and NVC phase expedites are not approved unless there is hardship against the USC or it is a life or death situation.

Has anyone had experience in changing their date? What were the circumstances?

Now chronicling my experience in handy blog format at

http://the-shipping-forecast.tumblr.com/

You ordered your police certificate right after filing the petition? May 2014?

There is a brand new online method to get the police certificate where you scan a photo and your documents. I don't think that requires anybody to sign off.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

You ordered your police certificate right after filing the petition? May 2014?

There is a brand new online method to get the police certificate where you scan a photo and your documents. I don't think that requires anybody to sign off.

Thank you for your help as always, Nich-Nick.

Yes, I was attempting to be organised, prepared and proactive. It was of course in my naive days of thinking I could get through the CR1 process within nine months or so (before I really started reading and interacting with the forum). Thanks again for the information. I managed to dig and find some other threads in which people have requested an earlier date without really specifying a reason and have been successful. London sound very accommodating, so I remain optimistic.

Thank you for your help as always, Nich-Nick.

Yes, I was attempting to be organised, prepared and proactive. It was of course in my naive days of thinking I could get through the CR1 process within nine months or so (before I really started reading and interacting with the forum). Thanks again for the information. I managed to dig and find some other threads in which people have requested an earlier date without really specifying a reason and have been successful. London sound very accommodating, so I remain optimistic.

I was just checking that you didn't think it was only good for 6 months. Some people post that.

Yes, you can ask and give the reason that your police certificate will expire and you would prefer not to pay for or wait for another.Tell them you can take a cancellation appointment and be there on short notice, keeping in mind you could get an email saying your appointment is in two days. Get your medical scheduled as quickly as possible so you can beef up your request by saying the date of your medical. Then they will know that is out of the way.

Did you find the online form for asking to reschedule? http://london.usembassy.gov/niv/visa_contact_form.html

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

I was just checking that you didn't think it was only good for 6 months. Some people post that.

Yes, you can ask and give the reason that your police certificate will expire and you would prefer not to pay for or wait for another.Tell them you can take a cancellation appointment and be there on short notice, keeping in mind you could get an email saying your appointment is in two days. Get your medical scheduled as quickly as possible so you can beef up your request by saying the date of your medical. Then they will know that is out of the way.

Did you find the online form for asking to reschedule? http://london.usembassy.gov/niv/visa_contact_form.html

My medical is scheduled for tomorrow. I received a second checklist with my case complete. The first was (from what I understand) a very common mistake - my mother-in-law deducted her own tax contributions and put those on the I-864a, though she files jointly with her husband, who is also co-sponsoring. They've asked that I take a new I864a to interview as my father-in-laws total 2013 income doesn't match what's on the 1040... Though it was copied directly from there. I'm not exactly sure what the issue is. I'm certain he didn't mark down his gross adjusted income.

Anyway, I have to wait for the amended form to arrive from TX (along with the copy of the 1040) before I'm 100% ready for interview. I think it should be here in ten days or so. I don't have an interview scheduled yet but I'm guessing I should by the time the new form is in my hands. But aside from that, I'm ready to go at the drop of a hat.

So how is he going to know how to re-do it? Does he understand it?

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

So how is he going to know how to re-do it? Does he understand it?

I went over it last time and I was sure there wasn't a mistake with his; the answer to the question is right in the form for one! So I'm not too sure why they felt there was an error. We called after the first checklist and a supervisor told us the rest of our paperwork was perfect with the exception of my mother-in-law's form. But hey-ho. I had my wife prepare it this time around and he just signed it off. I asked her to throw the 1040 in the envelop too just in case I run into any problems at interview.

Yes on her I-864a she puts her gross income on 10...whatever she makes at her job and can show with a W2 or employer letter or pay stubs. Then on 11, she copies straight from Line 22 of the joint tax returns. He copies the exact same lines off his tax returns. They will be identical on the sections wanting tax info.

The only way they would have different tax return numbers on those sections is if they had filed separately or if the I-864A was somebody like grandma who lived with them and kicked in her income. Grandma and Dad would have different tax return numbers. Joint filers would have the same. The form covers many scenarios. When I did the I-864, I copied Line 22 from from a joint return that was with my previous husband. It was my tax return and so I gave them the number off of it.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Yes on her I-864a she puts her gross income on 10...whatever she makes at her job and can show with a W2 or employer letter or pay stubs. Then on 11, she copies straight from Line 22 of the joint tax returns. He copies the exact same lines off his tax returns. They will be identical on the sections wanting tax info.

The only way they would have different tax return numbers on those sections is if they had filed separately or if the I-864A was somebody like grandma who lived with them and kicked in her income. Grandma and Dad would have different tax return numbers. Joint filers would have the same. The form covers many scenarios. When I did the I-864, I copied Line 22 from from a joint return that was with my previous husband. It was my tax return and so I gave them the number off of it.

They filed jointly, and I pulled his from line 22 when we originally submitted. So like I say, not sure what the issue is. I think taking the 1040 with me would be the bed idea. That said, there's quite a few users that say they've received a checklist with their case completes. When we called the NVC after we received it they couldn't really say what was wrong other than to just follow the advice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.