migueloritz

NUMEROUS TRIES AT NVC

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I am wondering if somebody can answer this question because they went through it. It seems like if NVC sends you a checklist and/or a second checklist, and it/they remain unfulfilled it gets sent to the consulate, and the consulate deals with the documentation issue. Please do not laugh or shake your head, just state whether is true or not, or at least possible. With anticipated thanks.

If it's something small they can request that the beneficiary takes the outstanding documents to the interview. I'm not sure if this is automatic after 2 checklists though.

Remember the NVC needs to sign off on the case - Case Complete - before they send anything to the consulate. At least that is how I understand the process.

Edited by GinaDon

I received a case complete with a second checklist last Wednesday. I have to take an amended I-864a to interview with me.

I'm not sure why, it was 100% correct and they never picked up on it the first time around.

Now chronicling my experience in handy blog format at

http://the-shipping-forecast.tumblr.com/

I received a case complete with a second checklist last Wednesday. I have to take an amended I-864a to interview with me.

I'm not sure why, it was 100% correct and they never picked up on it the first time around.

Same thing happened to me! But it was my AOS.

A one line item was wrong the first time, which was resubmitted.

Then a Case Complete and a Checklist to bring the updated AOS to the interview.

VERY strange.

Same thing happened to me! But it was my AOS.

A one line item was wrong the first time, which was resubmitted.

Then a Case Complete and a Checklist to bring the updated AOS to the interview.

VERY strange.

Did you ever find out what was wrong the second time around?

Mine was AOS too. The first time around I got the tax figures wrong for one co-sponsor. Now the second one is claiming the tax figures for the other co-sponsor are incorrect, but, I copied them directly from the 1040... So I have ZERO idea what they expect from us.

Did you ever find out what was wrong the second time around?

Mine was AOS too. The first time around I got the tax figures wrong for one co-sponsor. Now the second one is claiming the tax figures for the other co-sponsor are incorrect, but, I copied them directly from the 1040... So I have ZERO idea what they expect from us.

Second one was apparently not having an "original" signature from the petitioner.

Which is BS - they obviously can't tell the difference between black ink and photocopy.

Second one was apparently not having an "original" signature from the petitioner.

Which is BS - they obviously can't tell the difference between black ink and photocopy.

Ugh. I think I'm going to take the 1040 with me so I can point to exactly where they need to look...

...as politely as possible, of course.

Ugh. I think I'm going to take the 1040 with me so I can point to exactly where they need to look...

...as politely as possible, of course.

Sounds good, and yes, we must all be polite at our interviews :)

How long was it after you received your case complete that you received your interview date? And how long as it from your CC to interview date? thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.