kels430

Interview on a Tuesday

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all, we have FINALLY received our invitation letter for our interview, which will be May 19th, a Tuesday. I have read in various places to do your medical exam at least two days before our interview but seeing as it is on a Tuesday, that means we would have to do it on a Friday. From your experience, would we be okay doing our medical exam on Monday, the day before my husbands interview? I would like to avoid spending any extra days in Juarez if at all possible.

(A little background--my husband has no past history of illness or disease, does not have tattoos, has never done drugs and does not drink alcohol) Any input is greatly appreciated as I want to book our flight and hotel, thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I would check in the dcf mexico thread.. i know you arent doing dcf.. but both are going through juarez anyway, and have the same requirements at this point. search DCF mexico in the search box.. if it were me, and it will be soon, I would do the medical on Friday just in case there was a delay of any sort so you could still finish it up on Monday before your interview on Tuesday. I would rather spend the weekend in the hotel knowing I still had an extra day for emergencies than to not be 100% ready for the interview.

Married December 29, 2012
CRBA for Son April 2014
I-130 Filed in Mexico City March 12, 2015
I-130 approved and transfered to Ciudad Juarez March 23, 2015.
Emailed consulate asking for Status at beginning of April.

April 24, emailed back saying case was ready for interview on March 31.

They emailed us the instructions to make the interview appointment when we were ready.

Interview in July

Hi.....I have a question i filled for my husband the i-130 its approved nvc approved have interview date and instructions i checked at what the consulate is asking and i tried to make the asc appointment for fingerprints and photographs online but its asking to file ds-160. Isnt ds-160 for k visas? is it necessary to file. I Have my interview on may 19 too and im trying to get all the appointments done on time. Please help. The consulate is in ciudd juarez.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi, Im in Juarez now waiting for our DHL packet for my hubby. I would say play it safe and do Medical on Friday, I say so because my husbands appt was an 8:15 appt, he didnt finish until about 12 , so they had to give him medical pack the next morning at 10 am. He took so long because he had to see the psychologist, I guess they randomly send you there if you confess something they find fishy or you have tatoos, my husband only has 2 small tatoos, and he only used to drink and smoke sometimes as a teen, a long time ago, but he was sent there anyhow. Hence, to be safe, you should do Friday. Plus, contrary to what most people will tell you, its really relaxed here, we are here with our baby and we feel totally safe, we walk to mall all the time and we feel really good here.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi, Im in Juarez now waiting for our DHL packet for my hubby. I would say play it safe and do Medical on Friday, I say so because my husbands appt was an 8:15 appt, he didnt finish until about 12 , so they had to give him medical pack the next morning at 10 am. He took so long because he had to see the psychologist, I guess they randomly send you there if you confess something they find fishy or you have tatoos, my husband only has 2 small tatoos, and he only used to drink and smoke sometimes as a teen, a long time ago, but he was sent there anyhow. Hence, to be safe, you should do Friday. Plus, contrary to what most people will tell you, its really relaxed here, we are here with our baby and we feel totally safe, we walk to mall all the time and we feel really good here.

Okay thank you! I think we'll fly in Thursday and do the medical Friday just to be safe :) I rather be safe than sorry, although this means 6 days in Juarez for us as well! Not too worried about the safety as we live in Tijuana and are used to being in a border town. Do you mind me asking where you stayed? We will also be with our baby and would like somewhere within walking distance but nice as well!

Hi.....I have a question i filled for my husband the i-130 its approved nvc approved have interview date and instructions i checked at what the consulate is asking and i tried to make the asc appointment for fingerprints and photographs online but its asking to file ds-160. Isnt ds-160 for k visas? is it necessary to file. I Have my interview on may 19 too and im trying to get all the appointments done on time. Please help. The consulate is in ciudd juarez.

I have tried as well online and was told that our case number was not ready for an appointment. A fellow VJer asked the same question and was told that we can schedule our ASC appointment about a month in advance-- it is still too early if you have a May interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.