jontytyt

Checklist for Indian police clearance

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am petitioning for my wife's immigrant visa. She is an Indian citizen, residing outside of India (in Qatar). Yesterday I got a checklist from the NVC. It says...

10 - PASSPORT POLICE CERTIFICATE:____________________________
Indian Police Clearance Certificates should be obtained as follows:
• All Indian IV applicants aged 16 and above, residing in India, should obtain police
certificates from the local Passport Office.
• Indian passport holders applying for visas outside India should obtain a statement from their
local embassy or consulate confirming they have no criminal record.
• Non-Indian IV applicants residing in India should obtain police certificates from the District
Police Station serving their area of residence.
• Indian police certificates are not available for foreign (non-Indian) applicants applying
outside India.

The thing is, I DID submit a "Police Clearance Certificate" issued by the Embassy of India in Qatar. It states that there is no criminal record against my wife.

So I don't understand what NVC wants???? Can anybody shed some light on this?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Not much anyone can say, give them a call on Monday and explain that you sent it in already. Perhaps it got lost, perhaps there was an error when inputting information. They will sort it out, but you will need to call.

Filed: Timeline

I called them. I told them I already submitted the required document. They said they'll review the case and it will take up to 42 days. Couldn't speak to a supervisor.

Did I do the right thing by asking for a review? Or should I have just sent in the document again?

Now that it's under review, can I still send in the document, or would that cause further delay??

Edited by jontytyt

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.