4 posts in this topic

My husband is the US citizen and he's filing the I-130 for me. We have a daughter and already did the crba and passport application.

So, here's our experience:

We finalize all the documents needed and the extra documents just in case we might need them. Made several copies as well. Also, we religiously read the I-130 instructions to make sure we didn't miss anything.

So, we went to manila. Our flight was so early didn't really get to sleep. We were in manila around 4am and head immediately to roxas blvd. We had breakfast @yellowcab since it's just across or close to the embassy a little walk but it's fine. So at 6am, we started walking to the embassy and my husband showed his passport and our infopass to the security guard and they let us in riht away using the american citizens entrance. We passed security and left our mobile phones and other things that are not allowed inside. Then, we head inside and told us to wait until USCIS and SS are mentioned by the embassy personnel. So, we waited until 8am and the security guard said that we can go in. We we're told to go up at window 25. So, we went there and window was not open yet, at 8:20 the lady opened the window and started calling peoples names. And then it was our turn.

We said our good mornings and immediately hand inthe papers that we have. We already areanged it in order as to what was documents was mentioned on the I-130 instructions

so we gave her:

● I-130 application

● my husband's and my G-325A and the 2x2 pictures (2pcs for each of us with our names written on the back)

Then proof of my husband's citizenship:

We hand her his:

● US passport with photocopies of the first page and the pages that has stamps on it

● US certificate on citizenship and delayed registration of birth (since he was adopted), his adootion certificate as well.

and then proof of his stay here in the philippines:

● His BIR TIN, Social Security system (pink form the one that they give us when we apply and they out your ss number there, thats what we brought coz he didn't have the sss id)

● his Philippines driver's license

● car registration and insurance on his name

●his transcripts of records and diploma

●certificate of citizenship( he is dual citizen, but the embassy doesn't really honor that, but we just brought it in case.)

For me (beneficiary)

- NSO birth certificate

- passport and photo copies

- my I-94 ( since I was in the US before, bt left when my visa got expired)

Our proof of bonified marriage

- our baby's NSO birth certificate (it was listed in the I-130 instructions)

(FYI we do not have joint bank accounts because all we get are remittances from our parents)

-pictures when we were still dating, when I was pregnant and had our baby, and marriage pictures

so, that was all the papers that we submitted and then the uscis personnel the lady at the window carefully checked the I-130 application and made some corrections with white ink and let us fill them up with the right info. Then checked our g-325a. And proceeded with the other documents. She gave the passports back and the originals of the certificate of citizenship, delayed registration of birth and adoption papers and kept the photocopies

She took the photocopies of the BIR TIN as well as the SSS, the car insurance and registration copies also. Gave back the tor and the Philippine citizenship (dual citizen)

She then took the copy of my nso birth cert. And my baby's nso birth cert also.

She asked us if we dont habe any bank account and told her that all we have are remittances from our parents.

out of all the pictures that we have she didnt ask for it, but my husband insisted so, she said to just give her 1 family picture. Then she was pretty satisfied with the documents and then send us to the cashier and gave us a for to fill up which says we authorize uscis to contact us.

We paid tothe cashier and went back to window 25 and have her the paper and reciept. She gaveth

She told us that it will be 60 to 90 weeks and gave us the paper where to reach them.

The process was pretty fast we finished at 9:40am.

Now we are wairing for the notice of approval. We hope we get them soon. Waiting is inevitable.

Hope this helps.

Thank you manilaraf for your very helpful post and for answerimg my questions quickly,

and to the other members also. Forgive me if I forget your names. And if there's anything that we can help jist let us know.

Good luck to us.

Congrats and.....

"She told us that it will be 60 to 90 weeks and gave us the paper where to reach them"

Is 60-90 weeks serious? Surely you meant days?

She did mean days because she said so here (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/541025-dcf-i-130-us-embassy-manila-please-help/page-3) in this post:

Hello,

We filed our I-130 marh 10 and uscis called us on the 13th and ask some questions like how we met, and do we have any pictures before we got married which we have , but the lady took only took one picture. And they asked when are we plannig to go to US and that's it they just said they'll contat us the next week, but never go anything, so we called uscis instead and was told to wait for 60 to 90 days. We will try to call them again tomorrow hopefully we get a posiive response.

We'll be following your updates. Hopefully we get the approval soon. Good luck :)

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Audentes Fortuna Adiuvat"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

Mar 13, 2015 - CFO Manila - Done

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.