buchmann

Interview done in Feb 17th 2015. Evidence request sent Feb 26th. Waiting...

1 post in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Files I-485 and I-130 together

Sequence of events

May 19th mailed the forms

Jun 2nd checks were cashed

Jun 6th I-797C received with biometrics appointment set to Jun 23rd at 11:00AM

Jun 10th received three I-797C received - one for petitioner about form I-130 in process, Petition for Alien relative

- one for beneficiary about form I-485 in process, Adjust status

- one for beneficiary about form I-765 in process, Work Authorization

Jun 23rd Biometrics done. Finger prints and a color picture

Nov 12th I called to request action on Employment Authorization that should have been granted two months earlier

Dec 1st USCIS mailed me a letter with request for evidence, a birth certificate

Dec 18th I mailed the birth certificate to USCIS

Dec 30th received email from USCIS stating they received my birth certificate and will continue working on my case

Jan 15th received I-797C with appointment for interview set to Feb 17th at 7:30AM in the Phoenix office

Feb 17th Went to interview. No green card awarded. Officer asked for my tax files for the last 4 years and wife's previous

marriages divorce papers. She was married four times before me, all american men, but we have sent with the initial forms

only her latest marriage divorce decree. She was married to the first three husbands

for very short time, something very young and inexperienced people do. The fourht and last marriage before me lasted 13 years.

They gave me 30 days to sent the requested papers.

I've been in US for 25 years. Came with wife. Got a green card through a lawyer. 10 years later, suspicion my green card

was fake led me to not work anymore as an employee. I started my own business and have been workin on my own since, filing and

paying taxes every year. I do owe some taxes and that is why with my current marriage to my US citizen wife, we did not file

taxes jointly as I don't want her to get her return taken. I want to pay my own taxes instead of them taking from her.

All this was told to the officer at the interview as he was very intensively asking questions, even though I've been married

to a US citizen for two and a half years and started dating her four years ago. I am afraid I will not get the green card,

either because I owe taxes or because they may suspect I married for the green card. If I did, I would not have waited 4 years

since I met my wife. I thought my green card I had for decaddes could still be good, and only got certain it was not when

recently looking for a new job and its verification failed. So my wife decided to petition for me.

We have a car financed on our names, as well as credit cards and a vacation timeshare mortgage.

He also asked where my Brazilian previous wife which I divorced in 2009 lives. We divorced more than two years before I met my

US wife, and he also asked if she has or had that same green card I got long ago. As far as I know she no longer has it also and so

she is also out of status. We did have a child in 1999 and she is 16 years old now, living mostly with her mom, visits me often.

Feb 25th I sent requested information to them by FedEx next day

Feb 26th FedEx delivered the package to them early morning

Mar 18th No news from USCIS yet

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.