ghunt2121

ROC for K2 Children Filing Seperately.

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

My wife's I-751 package has been submitted, we received the Notice of Receipt as well as the Biometrics Appointment Letter (we have to go do that in about 10 days).

Unfortunately, her children's green cards were issued more than 90 days after hers was issued and therefore we were unable to include them in her I-751.

I am now starting to prepare the separate I-751 packages for each of them (2 boys).

My question is, Can someone point me to a good reference or guide about the important differences when filing for a K-2 based ROC as opposed filing for the K-1 based ROC?

Some differences are obvious, but I don't want to miss anything.

Thanks in advance.

Timeline

Here's are some examples of (related) things I'm not sure about:

1. Is my stepson filing the I-751, or am I filing it for him? (for my wife it was "joint")

2. Related to the first issue, Is the cover letter from me? or from my step-son? (for my wife's I-751, the cover letter was from me)

Timeline

Additional Questions, concerning Part 1 of form I-751 (for a K-2 child)

The section titled "Martial Status" seems only to apply in part to a "child filing separately from" the parent. This is how I believe the items in this section should be filled out:

11. Martial Status: Single

12. Date of Marriage (???)

13. Place of Marriage (???)

14. Date marriage ended, in case of death or divorce (Leave Blank)

15. Conditional Residency Expires On: 05/09/15

I'm not sure if items 12 & 13 should be left blank or the date and place of marriage between me and my wife should be entered here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.