mydonna

I-864 and Joint sponsors

3 posts in this topic

Hi there VJ members,

we filed our I130 petition on Feb 26 and no approval yet. First question, Is there possibility that they will deny the petitiion after they accepted it for processing and we paid the $420 processing fee? All documents are real and true. BTW, we've been married for 2years already. Anyway, I still want to be positive about the status thats why im preparing our form I-864 affidavit so it would be ready to go when the time comes. My husband is the petitioner and since hes been coming back and forth the Philippines he wasnt able to get a good job and unemployed. Obviously he doesnt have enough income to meet the poverty threshold in other words we need a joint sponsor and we consider either his mom or dad or both. My question again is, Does the joint sponsor need to have the SAME RESIDENCE with the petitioner to qualify. Does that mean LITERALLY living together in the same residence?My husband lives in Alaska. His Dad transferred to Washington state maybe 2 years ago and his Mom resides in Nevada. Please help me. Is that correct that they should fill up form I-864a along with my husband's form I-864? please give me advice as to what to do. Thank you. Advices would be highly appreciated

The Primary Sponsor (your husband) and the Joint Sponsor do not necessarily have to have the same residence.

The Joint Sponsor has to fill up another I-864. Whether it's Dad or Mom, or both. Each joint sponsor has to fill up their own I-864.

The I-864A is to be filled up by a household member, if their income will be used by the Joint Sponsor to fulfill the income requirement.

Example: Since my income is from here in the PHL, I can't use it to fulfill the income requirement. So I had my father as a Joint Sponsor. So when the interview came, I brought with me: an I-864 filled out and signed by me, with my information; an I-864 filled out and signed by my father; and I-864A filled out by my mom & sign by both my father and mother.

My parents file joint taxes with the IRS, so the financial/income info was based on that. And since my mom is a household member of my dad, she filled out an I-864A.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Audentes Fortuna Adiuvat"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

Mar 13, 2015 - CFO Manila - Done

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.