WindowLove

Requirement for interview:

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

Canadian applying for US K-1 - Packet 3

So, I'm putting together my Packet 3. Now, I need a Police Certificate, Court, and military records...

Does:

Police Certificate mean police records?

What are court records? As in, have I been to the court or been called up for a hearing before or? What If I've never had to do any of that?

As well as Military records... And what if I don't have some of those things required on the list? Do I bring a note or do I just not bring anything?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I went to the police station and asked for a criminal record check ($70), and I had no issues when I brought it to my interview in Vancouver.

Hi,

- How long it takes to get it ?

- And please what is the time frame for the validation period?

thank you

NOA1 date: 9-22-2014

interview: September 18/ approved

visa received: September, 24, 2015

POE: October,5,2015

AOS/EAD/AP: October 29,2015 

EAD/AP approved:01/26/2016 card received: 02/02/2016

AOS approved:02/02/2016

02/09/2016 GC received

ROC/CITIZENSHIP/Passport-refer to my timeline...

I'm Done now, thank you to this wonderful VJ community ...Good luck to everyone....

happy tom and jerry GIF

Timeline

They said it would take 2 weeks for me to get it in the mail, but it actually only took 2 or 3 days! I can't remember how long it was valid for, and I made the mistake of not making a copy of it. I would think that if it is fairly recent, you wouldn't have an issue.

Timeline

They said it would take 2 weeks for me to get it in the mail, but it actually only took 2 or 3 days! I can't remember how long it was valid for, and I made the mistake of not making a copy of it. I would think that if it is fairly recent, you wouldn't have an issue.

Thank you very much.

NOA1 date: 9-22-2014

interview: September 18/ approved

visa received: September, 24, 2015

POE: October,5,2015

AOS/EAD/AP: October 29,2015 

EAD/AP approved:01/26/2016 card received: 02/02/2016

AOS approved:02/02/2016

02/09/2016 GC received

ROC/CITIZENSHIP/Passport-refer to my timeline...

I'm Done now, thank you to this wonderful VJ community ...Good luck to everyone....

happy tom and jerry GIF

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I went to the police station and asked for a criminal record check ($70), and I had no issues when I brought it to my interview in Vancouver.

My fiance' went to the police station in Vancouver yesterday to get his police certificate. They called it a name and date of birth check. Is that what he needs? They said it was either the name and date of birth check or fingerprints but that he shouldn't need both. He has no criminal history and is only 18 years old. Is the name and date of birth check (they charged him $80) sufficient for the Vancouver consulate?

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Vancouver, Canada

I-129F Sent : 7-16-2014

I-129F NOA1 : 7-23-2014

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2-12-2014

NVC Received : Not sure, but mailed to them 2-20-15

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 3-3-15

NVC Left : Not sure but when I checked website on 3-10-15 it says "In Transit"

Consulate Received : 3-17-15

Packet 3 Received : 3-23-15

Packet 3 Sent : 3-26-15

Packet 4 Received : 3-27-15

Interview Date : 6-23-15

Interview Result : Visa Approved

Second Interview (If Required): N/A

Second Interview Result: N/A

Visa Received : 7-3-15

US Entry : 7-8-15

Marriage : 8-11-15

Mail AOS Packet: 8-28-15

AOS Packet received at Chicago lockbox: 8-31-15

Acceptance Text and Email received: 9-3-15

Check cashed: 9-4-15

NOA1 for all packets received: 9-8-15

Biometrics letter received 9-12-15 with appointment scheduled for 9-25-15

Early walk in Biometrics done: 9-22-15

Status changed to EAD/AP card ordered: 10-22-15

EAD/AP card mailed: 10-26-15

EAD/AP card received: 10-29-15

I-485 Approved: 12-19-15

Green Card Received: 12-21-15

event.png

Timeline

The price must have just went up from $70, as when I got mine in January that is how much it was! When I went in to the police station they were really confused as to what one I needed! Since I knew I didn't have a criminal record, the one without the fingerprints was okay and it was accepted at the consulate.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I just got my record check....

You're all making me worried though because you're saying they're charging $70-80 per check... Mine was only $45...

This is the link to the type of record check I got, it's really the only option.

http://www.peelpolice.ca/en/services/policeinformationcheckpic.asp

There is also this: http://www.peelpolice.on.ca/en/services/policereports.asp

Could that be it? Or will the first check be ok? (http://www.peelpolice.ca/en/services/policeinformationcheckpic.asp)

Timeline

I am from a different area in Canada than you, but I do know that I could have done some online police check through a company called commissionaires bc and it was $40. Just due to timing I decided to go directly to the police station here in Vancouver, even though they were almost double the price.

You can always email the consulate you are going through to double check which one you need.

T

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.