feline

N-400 interview result to be communicated in writing

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My husband and I applied to remove conditions in 2009. He died before my 10 year green card arrived. After 5 years I applied for the N-400. After finishing the test and application review, the IO asked how I got a green card. I said I was a widow of a USC. She asked where and how we met. I said a friend introduced us in the city. She asked where he worked. I could not remember the name of the companies he used to work for, he was a temp. She asked to tell her about his kids. I recalled their genders but not their ages and names, their mother had full custody. My relationship with those kids was weak when my husband was alive and it ended when he died. She again asked me about those kids and I told her I could not remember and I was not in touch with them. She asked for a list of all places I lived with my husband .I could only remember the full address of the last apartment we lived in. I could remember the city of the previous apartment we lived in but not much else. The IO asked me who a certain woman called “so and so” was and why my husband was staying with her. I said I did not know who that was and my hubby lived with me until his death. The officer said she would review my file and communicate a decision in writing.

It appears my late husband fathered a child outside of our union some time during the AOS process. What next?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It is very rare and unnecessary for IO to ask this under 5-year rule. I have no idea why IO did that, but you will be receiving either an approval or RFE, depending on whether they were satisfied with your answers.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.