magysd

Number one at consulate , my interview .

1 post in this topic

Good morning ,

IR1 Visa
US Jerusalem embassy ..Palestine
My interview was at Feb 23 , 2015 on Monday, I went to the consulate early and arrived at nine o'clock in the morning .. there were no queues in consulate , It seemed that I'm number one who arrived the consulate. After I finished the security measures and inspection .. I sat in the hall for a period of not more than two minutes..after two minutes of waiting .. I heard my name and I went to the co-employee window . He reviewed my papers and documents and prepared me to meet the consular . He said that my documents are ok but the affidavit of support may not be accepted , but the final decision is between the hands of consular. and he told me to sit down a little and that I gonna hear my name again to meet the consular ..After a minute I heard my name. It was window number 17 . the Consular was handsome man at the age of nearly 40 years .This is the interview .

Consular : (smile ) Good morning
Me : Good morning
Consular : How are you ?
Me : I'm fine , Thank you
Consular : Do you speak English ?
Me : Yes , I do
Consular : OK , that's good
Me : simple smile
Consular : Who is ( my wife name ) ?
Me : She is my wife
Consular : Where is she ?
Me : she is in america , California , San Diego .
Consular : Does she have brothers there ?
Me : yes .
Consular : ok , good , good
consular : would you raise your hand please ?
Me : ok
consular : Do you swear that everything in the papers is true ? Yes or no
Me : Yes

then the consular takes my fingerprints , he didn't ask me for emails , photos , letters . and he said thank you . At that moment , I was wondering about Affidavit of support and what if it was accepted or what , and the miracle was when the consular told me that the affidavit of support is ok :dancing: . I was surprised that everything is ok and then the consular said , please sit down and the co-employee will told you what to do next . after 3 minutes . i heard my name again ,and the co-employee told me that i have to get a clearance from an Israeli center ( i'm Palestinian ) near the consulate , and he gave me the address and i got it . the employee told me that it takes from 1 week to 3 weeks to get the visa . I asked the co-employee if my case would be under AP , he said " I don't think so " . Today is a week after my interview day .

This is all what happened to me at consulate (L)
wish you all success

04/11/2009 MARRIAGE (IR1 VISA)

10/06/2013 I-130 SENT

12/06/2013 NOA 1 Form I-797 . USCIS received

20/12/2013 NOA 2 Transfer notice, Texas Service Center

17/01/2014 I-130 Approved

29/01/2014 NVC received the case

21/03/2014 Receive AOS Fee Payment 88$

23/03/2014 Receive DS-261 Agent and Address

25/03/2014 AOS Fee Payment PAID 88$

28/03/2014 Received IV Bill 230$

31/03/2014 IV Bill PAID 230$

03/04/2014 DS-261 DONE , SENT

03/04/2014 Received Affidavit of Support

04/04/2014 DS-260 DONE , SENT

06/04/2014 Original and Supporting documents , DONE , SENT .

21/04/2014 Affidavit of Support , DONE , SENT

07/05/2014 NVC First CHECKLIST ( Passport first page)

15/05/2014 NVC Second CHECKLIST(Affidavit of support)

08/07/ 2014 CASE COMPLETE

14 /08 2014 Interview Date, delayed due to Gaza war

23/10/2014 Interview Date , Delayed due to late arrival of appointment letter

26/11/2014 Interview Date , Delayed due to no permit to reach embassy

04/12/2014 Interview Date , Delayed due to no permit to reach embassy

23/02/2015 Interview Date , DONE , WAITING VISA .

23/03/2015 VISA ISSUED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.