hollywood79

We're approved!

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Thank you so much!! That is such great info and I will definitely keep that in mind!! :thumbs:

Hi Elle,

The customs officer didn't ask about our petition. He may have been distracted that I didn't hand in my little green VWP form when I last left the US. He spent more time informing me that because I didn't hand it in I may be considered an "over stay" in the future. He said it may not happen but it may. I am not to worried as I have stamps from 2 other countries confirming that I arrived there days before my VWP expired in Feb.

My husband was the one who first mentioned our petition. He just said it had been approved and the customer officer didn't say much except welcome back.

I think it helped I was travelling with my husband who is in the military (they have an honour code of their own and it seems people acknowldge this), also I am from a country that doesn't raise a red flag, and I have never over stayed.

I have only had one uncomfortable experience at customs at LAX. Unforunatley you cannot choose which officer to go to so if you get a female one you may be asked a lot more questions then usual. I was only travelling with my baby about 8mths ago when the lady started asking me about my sons' US citizenship. Basically I felt as though she implying that he may not have the right to citzenship. Boy did I want to slap her!! The US consulate already determined he was that's why then gave him the US passport!! She also told me I had to immigrate! When do you start forcing people to immigrate?! We argued about this for a few mins. I kept saying you can not force someone to immigrate and she kept saying I had to. Anyways she still stamped my passport and let me in to the country but I gave her a nasty look. I don't recommend you do this!

What I do recommend is approach them with a smile, say hello, don't fidget, don't volunteer any info just give them what they asked for and be excited to be there. Besides the one officer, I have joked with all the others and I have flown in LAX, San Fransisco, and Houston without a problem!

Best of luck in journey.

I-130

09/06/06: Sent I-130 to VSC via MP - sig confirm, 09/08/06 Mail arrived @ VSC

09/11/06: NOA1

09/18/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

09/19/06: Touched

09/20/06: Touched

I-129F

09/23/06: Sent I-129F (new form) to Chi P.O Box via MP - certified mail w/ return receipt

09/25/06: Mail arrived @ Chi

09/27/06: NOA1

09/28/06: Touched (no status change) - check $

09/29/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

10/03/06: Touched

10/04/06: Touched

10/26/06: Touched - case transferred Chi to VSC

10/27/06: Touched

11/04/06: Touched - VSC received case on 11/3

11/07/06: Touched

11/08/06: Touched

11/09/06: Touched - case now pending 11/18

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm also at FBI

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.