NewKid

Police Clearance Certificate South Africa

7 posts in this topic

Good Morning all.

Thank you everyone who has been of help lately, I do appreciate each of your contributions.

So, just some quick background before I ask my question/s.

I am the beneficiary where as my fiancée(she) is the USC. She will be coming to visit me for two weeks, starting this Friday! excited! 6 months since we last saw each other.

Now, while she is here, we are going to get the "wet" signatures on everything she will need from my side. We will be filling as soon as she arrives back in the US in just over 2 weeks time.

Okay, so here is my question.

We have gathered all of the necessary documentation that we might require for the petition itself, but as we like to be diligent, we have started getting other documents for later on in the process as well, i.e. the interview stage.

I have gotten a new passport ( as mine would not have the required 6 months validity remaining when the interview stage comes up. ( we are hoping for an August interview or so? is this realistic?Sooner would be great! . Oh she is from California, so we will be at CSC)

So that is out of the way, unabridged birth certificate has also been done and received.

That leaves me with the final piece of the puzzle, I still need to get a PPC. Now I have done some digging and I am not too comfortable with what I am reading regarding the process for applying and also the time frame oh how long it will take. I was hoping you all could shed some light on that?

I am unsure of when to start applying for the PPC and also how? I have read it is only valid for 6 months. that is what scares me, if I apply for it now, receive it and only get an interview date after its 6 months has expired, what is my options?

So, basically I would just like to hear from you all regarding the process firstly, the time frame and also what the correct actions should be going forward, to ensure that 1. I get it in time. 2. It is still valid for the interview?

I hope I was clear enough with my questions? :)

I look forward to completing my timeline as soon as we file :-)

Thank you everyone for your comments, I welcome them.

All the best with your journeys.

applied for N400 whilst I751 was pending, however I751 was approved without an interview on Jan 10th /11th

N-400 applied Online: 11/7/18

BIO for N400 : 11/30/18

EST. Case Completion: October 2019) of 7/15/19 

INTERVIEW: 10/7/2019- APPROVED

OATH DATE: 10/24/2019-  received oath letter in the mail on 10/11 

LOCAL OFFICE: BOSTON ( moved from California (SANTA ANA, CA) )

Here is how you apply for a PCC http://www.saps.gov.za/services/applying_clearence_certificate.php

It really varies on the time it will take. I would count on 8 weeks. Ours took longer than 8 weeks.

If you apply though the link above then I would send your PCC packet with a courier and NOT use the Post Office.

I would also use a courier to pick it up from Pretoria and have it delivered back to you.

Also you can track the status of your PCC through this link: http://www.saps.gov.za/services/certificate.php

I would apply after you get the NOA2- Notice of Action 2.

If you apply now and you get it, and it expires you can request a new PCC. A Police Clearance Certificate can be reissued within six months of the original application yet an additional cost of R96-00 will be required. You would just have to wait for it to be reissued. But it might not take as long as before as it's on the system.

Hope this helps!

Hey! My fiance is south african and she received her police check a month after she got fingerprinted in worcester. There are third party companies that will get them to you within 10 days. But you should do it like 2 months before you think you will get interviewed. Also, if you've ever lived outside south africa for 6 months or more you might get those police checks ready. they may take a while,too. my fiance and i are stressing about getting police checks from 2 different countries because we both lived outside of our countries for a while.

i applied for my PCC 10 days ago for R96.00 and i just got it back. I applied directly from the police station.

K-1 Journey

2015 01 14 : I-129F Mailed

2015 01 22: NOA-2

2015 03 09 : Packet 3 Received

2015 05 19 : Interview - PASSED (K-1 Visa Approved)

2015 08 19 : Arrived U.S.

2015 10 30 : Married :dance:

AOS Journey

11/05/2015: AOS Package Mailed

11/07/2015: AOS Delivered

11/15/2015: NOAx3 text and email received

11/18/2015: NOAx3 received via mail date 11/10/2015

11/26/2015: Received biometrics letter scheduled for 12/10/2015

12/10/2015: Biometrics completed

01/08/2016: Case status update I-485 "New card being produced"

01/10/2016: Case status update I-485 "Case approved"

01/12/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card was mailed to me"

01/13/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card picked up by USPS

01/15/2016: GREENCARD IN HAND!! DONE FOR NOW!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

We also got my husband's in about 2 weeks back in Dec 2014. We were SHOCKED but in a good way :)

USCIS

10-24-14 : I-130 sent from South Africa to Chicago Lockbox

11-03-14 : NOA1, Case Transferred to California Service Center

11-24-14 : NOA2

NVC

12-12-14 : Case received by NVC

01-15-15 : Case # Assigned

01-15-15: DS-261 completed

01-20-15: AOS fee invoiced & paid

01-21-15: Mailed AOS & IV Packages

01-22-15: ORIGINAL SCAN DATE- both packages

01-23-15: Sent corrected AOS - caught my own mistake

02-11-15: IV bill invoiced & paid

02-14-15: DS-260 completed

04-01-15: Case Complete

04-16-15: P4 e-mail

05-14-15: Interview Date

05-25--15 : POE, time to MOVE!!!!

Removal of Conditions

04-07-2016: Form I-751 arrived at California Service Center

• 9 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

i applied for my PCC 10 days ago for R96.00 and i just got it back. I applied directly from the police station.

This gives me such hope because we are so nervous about how long it is going to take! How long till they notified you that they received it? We sent my finances in but with all the holidays we are so nervous. Also where did you apply for it. He lives in Durban.

OMG!!! Wow!!! Congrats!!! I have never heard of anyone getting it back that fast! :)

Do you know of anyway to reach the police clearance building?! My fiancé has been trying desperately to reach them and make sure with the holidays it was received or see what their waiting time is.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.