s-luvs-k

All Japan Filers

1,867 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hey Japan Filers! I was wondering if I could get your input.

My fiancee and I applied for a K1 and everything has been going well. Since I was planning on coming to Tokyo in June, I was hoping to attend the interview with her. She applied for her interview time on the Embassy's website on May 8th. She then made her EasyPay on the 12th. She had no response since then, so she applied again on the 18th. She is getting a little worried about it, but I read on the site that it could take up to 14 working days to get a response. My question is to you all is, how long has it taken you to get a response from the Embassy about the interview date? Thanks!

My fiancee and I applied for a K1 and everything has been going well. Since I was planning on coming to Tokyo in June, I was hoping to attend the interview with her. She applied for her interview time on the Embassy's website on May 8th. She then made her EasyPay on the 12th. She had no response since then, so she applied again on the 18th. She is getting a little worried about it, but I read on the site that it could take up to 14 working days to get a response. My question is to you all is, how long has it taken you to get a response from the Embassy about the interview date? Thanks!

When I requested my appointment for IR-1, I got a confirmation email the same day.

I am guessing their response is slow because the consular section is busy handling extra cases because of the Golden Week holiday.

Immigration Process (DCF Japan)

08/06/2008 I-130 petition at Tokyo, Japan

08/13/2008 I-130 approved

|

| Waited until we were ready to move back

|

07/13/2009 IV interview at Tokyo, Japan

07/15/2009 IV(IR-1) in hand

Post-DCF

07/29/2009 POE at Las Vegas

08/17/2009 GC(10yrs) received

Click here for the detailed timeline.

Done with USCIS until

- naturalization in May 2012 or

- GC replacement in February 2019

CXmLm7.png

Timeline

When I requested my appointment for IR-1, I got a confirmation email the same day.

I am guessing their response is slow because the consular section is busy handling extra cases because of the Golden Week holiday.

Thanks for your reply, redglasses.

I hope that is the case and that she'll get a reply soon. Now that I think about it, she might have put the wrong data in the request (like the wrong case number or something), so I'll have to go over that with her to make sure that everything was correct.

Thanks again! :thumbs:

Hi Miffy,

I recommend you mixi if you have an account.

There is a very active community called "My darling is American (ダーリンはアメリカ人)."

You will get lots of responses there.

Immigration Process (DCF Japan)

08/06/2008 I-130 petition at Tokyo, Japan

08/13/2008 I-130 approved

|

| Waited until we were ready to move back

|

07/13/2009 IV interview at Tokyo, Japan

07/15/2009 IV(IR-1) in hand

Post-DCF

07/29/2009 POE at Las Vegas

08/17/2009 GC(10yrs) received

Click here for the detailed timeline.

Done with USCIS until

- naturalization in May 2012 or

- GC replacement in February 2019

CXmLm7.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
Hi Miffy,

I recommend you mixi if you have an account.

There is a very active community called "My darling is American (ダーリンはアメリカ人)."

You will get lots of responses there.

Thank you! I'll check it out. :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
Johnny, did you ever get a reply about the interview? My fiancee submitted a request on the 17th, and we still haven't heard back either :crying:

Hey I just sent in my Packet 3 last week.

Do I get anything else after?

Or do I have to request an interview date?

I hope you get a response from them soon!

September 6, 2008 - Mailed in I-129F to California Service Center.

September 11, 2008 - NOA1 Received.

December 18, 2008 - Touched. (Change of address made.)

April 16, 2009 - NOA2!!!

April 20, 2009 - NOA2 hard copy received.

April 21, 2009 - Case sent to U.S. embassy in Japan.

May 8, 2009 - Police Certificate requested.

May 19, 2009 - Police Certificate received.

May 21, 2009 - Packet 3 received!

May 22, 2009 - Packet 3 sent.

May 26, 2009 - Medical Examination @ Tokyo British Clinic.

May 27, 2009 - Request interview.

May 28, 2009 - Interview date received.

May 29, 2009 - Pick up Medical Exam results.

June 20, 2009 - Bronson comes to Japan!

June 22, 2009 - Interview (8:30am) Passed!

June 27, 2009 - Passport with visa received.

July 7, 2009 - POE Hawaii.

August 1, 2009 - Wedding.

September 28, 2009 - Sent I-485 to Chicago, IL.

October 6, 2009 - NOA.

November 10, 2009 - Biometrics.

December 1, 2009 - EAD approved.

December 9, 2009 - Employment authorization card sent.

January 21, 2010 - AOS interview 12:30

January 22, 2010 - Card production ordered, notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

January 29, 2010 - Welcome Letter received.

February 2, 2010 - Approval Notice sent.

Timeline

My fiancee didn't get anything after packet 3; I think once your stuff is all together you are just supposed to submit an interview date thingy.

Almost 2 weeks now and no response on our interview, my fiancee is getting really stressed because we thought we already went through the tough parts of this :crying:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
My fiancee didn't get anything after packet 3; I think once your stuff is all together you are just supposed to submit an interview date thingy.

Almost 2 weeks now and no response on our interview, my fiancee is getting really stressed because we thought we already went through the tough parts of this :crying:

Hey guys,

Back from a great trip to Japan to visit my wife (and also we went to S. Korea for a few days), and been getting caught up lately with things here back home.

Anyways, you guys get to request your interview dates directly with the embassy? Is that because it is a K-1? We were doing a CR-1 and all our paperwork was going to the NVC, so we had to wait for the NVC to schedule our interview date. Yes, I saw that request thingy on the Tokyo embassy website and thought we would have to request ours too, but it actually turned out that NVC scheduled our interview once our case was completed.

And Akiko, hope you and yours have a nice visit soon. You said he was coming in June. June is almost here!!! Shoots, we didn't have a chance to go to the Kirin village, but we did get to ride on that big ferris wheel there in Yokohama.

Well, good luck to all of you on completing your paperwork and getting your interviews scheduled. This whole immigration thing is such a big mess and SOOOOOO confusing. Glad we are almost done.

vny

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Tokyo, Japan

2008-08-08 Marriage

2008-10-31 I-130 Sent

2008-11-07 I-130 NOA1

2009-02-19 I-130 Approved

2009-02-23 NVC Received

2009-03-12 NVC assigns case number (find out from calling NVC everyday)

2009-03-12 Emailed DS-3032

2009-03-14 Received DS-3032 / I-864 bill instructions in snail mail.

2009-03-14 Pay I-864 Bill online

2009-03-14 Receive I-864 Package electronically right after paying online.

2009-03-21 Mail Completed I-864

2009-03-25 Received email from NVC that DS-3032 accepted.

2009-03-25 Pay IV Bill online

2009-03-25 Receive Instruction Package online after paying IV bill

2009-04-02 Mailed DS-230 package via USPS Priority mail

2009-04-06 USPS online tracking says package delivered.

2009-04-08 NVC acknowledges receipt of DS-230 package

2009-04-15 Case Completed at NVC

2009-04-30 According to operator left NVC. Yaa!!! Finally AVR says forwarded to counsulate!!!

2009-05-06 to 19 Going to visit Honey in Japan!!! Back home now but HAD A GREAT TIME!!!

2009-05-07 Consulate Received

2009-06-08 Passed Interview!!! Yay!!! Finally!!!

2009-06-10 Passport and Visa paperwork received in mail.

2009-06-19 POE Hawaii!!!

2009-06-24 Visit SSA office

2009-07-01 SSN card arrived in mail

2009-07-09 I-797C Welcome notice arrived in mail

2009-07-16 GC received in mail

Timeline

Yeah, K-1 has to schedule the interview themselves through the website :blush:

Just wish we could get some kind of response. Why can't it be like all the other embassys where you make your appointment over the phone instead of a website submission...

Timeline
Yeah, K-1 has to schedule the interview themselves through the website :blush:

Just wish we could get some kind of response. Why can't it be like all the other embassys where you make your appointment over the phone instead of a website submission...

Hey klester,

Thanks for the message! No we have not received ours yet. If others are having problems, then something is going on. I agree, I don't like the website format. Also, there is no way to contact anyone in case there is a problem. :angry:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
Hey klester,

Thanks for the message! No we have not received ours yet. If others are having problems, then something is going on. I agree, I don't like the website format. Also, there is no way to contact anyone in case there is a problem. :angry:

Actually, if you go to the Tokyo embassy, there is a way to contact them by either email or phone, but there is a charge for it. I think last time I checked, came out to about $18/contact. I forget exactly how much, but that number sticks in my mind. And that could have been a while ago, when the yen wasn't as strong to the dollar as now.

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Tokyo, Japan

2008-08-08 Marriage

2008-10-31 I-130 Sent

2008-11-07 I-130 NOA1

2009-02-19 I-130 Approved

2009-02-23 NVC Received

2009-03-12 NVC assigns case number (find out from calling NVC everyday)

2009-03-12 Emailed DS-3032

2009-03-14 Received DS-3032 / I-864 bill instructions in snail mail.

2009-03-14 Pay I-864 Bill online

2009-03-14 Receive I-864 Package electronically right after paying online.

2009-03-21 Mail Completed I-864

2009-03-25 Received email from NVC that DS-3032 accepted.

2009-03-25 Pay IV Bill online

2009-03-25 Receive Instruction Package online after paying IV bill

2009-04-02 Mailed DS-230 package via USPS Priority mail

2009-04-06 USPS online tracking says package delivered.

2009-04-08 NVC acknowledges receipt of DS-230 package

2009-04-15 Case Completed at NVC

2009-04-30 According to operator left NVC. Yaa!!! Finally AVR says forwarded to counsulate!!!

2009-05-06 to 19 Going to visit Honey in Japan!!! Back home now but HAD A GREAT TIME!!!

2009-05-07 Consulate Received

2009-06-08 Passed Interview!!! Yay!!! Finally!!!

2009-06-10 Passport and Visa paperwork received in mail.

2009-06-19 POE Hawaii!!!

2009-06-24 Visit SSA office

2009-07-01 SSN card arrived in mail

2009-07-09 I-797C Welcome notice arrived in mail

2009-07-16 GC received in mail

Timeline

Hey guys,

In my message from Johnny and Yumi, they let me know that when Yumi faxed in her Packet 3 (DS-230), she got an e-mail response saying that it was received. Did other K-1 filers get this? I was under the impression that we didn't get any response normally after faxing it in (I think I came to that conclusion by reading past posts in this forum). Did the rest of you K-1 filers get any kind of response to your DS230 fax?

Also, just so you guys know, I called the paid line today. I inquired about whether or not they got our DS230, and if they got our interview submission. They said they will e-mail back to me within 3 days, so I will let you guys know what they say.

Thanks for the support :dance:

Timeline
Hey guys,

In my message from Johnny and Yumi, they let me know that when Yumi faxed in her Packet 3 (DS-230), she got an e-mail response saying that it was received. Did other K-1 filers get this? I was under the impression that we didn't get any response normally after faxing it in (I think I came to that conclusion by reading past posts in this forum). Did the rest of you K-1 filers get any kind of response to your DS230 fax?

Also, just so you guys know, I called the paid line today. I inquired about whether or not they got our DS230, and if they got our interview submission. They said they will e-mail back to me within 3 days, so I will let you guys know what they say.

Thanks for the support :dance:

Hey again klester,

Thanks for the info, I am going to give them a call here soon as well. If they get a couple of calls, they may think that something is up. By the way, Yumi sent her D230 in late March and received her D230 receival notification on April 1st. Did your fiancee send her's recently?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.