s-luvs-k

All Japan Filers

1,867 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
I have a question

- What does my wife need from the NVC in order to get the Police documents? She told she tried to go once to the one in Tokyo but they said she needs something from the NVC.

When you find out please let me know, we have the same problem. She went to get hers from Yuzaki (in Nara) and they also said she needed an official document requesting them.

We did our own translations and then got them notarized because of these instructions:

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/pk3_supplement...L-0001-0711.pdf

Thanks ahoka. :) I had read that before but when I asked they said it wasn't necessary. I suppose better to follow those instructions though. Too bad its so expensive for a notarization in Japan. It was $40 USD per document the last time she did it. :( Though it is also not required to translate them as they are in Japanese and the Embassy is in Japan. Though they do note that it will speed up the process.

- Justin and Masako

"The World is Open. Are You?"

Timeline
I have a question

- What does my wife need from the NVC in order to get the Police documents? She told she tried to go once to the one in Tokyo but they said she needs something from the NVC.

When you find out please let me know, we have the same problem. She went to get hers from Yuzaki (in Nara) and they also said she needed an official document requesting them.

We did our own translations and then got them notarized because of these instructions:

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/pk3_supplement...L-0001-0711.pdf

Thanks ahoka. :) I had read that before but when I asked they said it wasn't necessary. I suppose better to follow those instructions though. Too bad its so expensive for a notarization in Japan. It was $40 USD per document the last time she did it. :( Though it is also not required to translate them as they are in Japanese and the Embassy is in Japan. Though they do note that it will speed up the process.

there have been japan filers who were able to get the police certificate with a copy of the NOA2, like myself, but maybe it varies from place to place? have you tried that?

as for the translations, yeah, at first we were all set to go with our own translations then we decided to play it safe and just get it notarized anyway....its only...money? ;)

Timeline
there have been japan filers who were able to get the police certificate with a copy of the NOA2, like myself, but maybe it varies from place to place? have you tried that?

as for the translations, yeah, at first we were all set to go with our own translations then we decided to play it safe and just get it notarized anyway....its only...money? ;)

We were able to get ours with our NOA 2! :) We weren't sure we could be we were able to after all. We are just going with our own translations as my wife refuses to spend so much money on getting it notarized. Along the same lines, the Police Certificate comes sealed. I am guessing we can't open it to translate it anyway. Also we can't provide a copy of it if its sealed. Should we just send the sealed Police Cert or do we open it to translate and copy it?

Thanks for the info ahoka! :)

- Justin and Masako

Timeline

We were able to get ours with our NOA 2! :) We weren't sure we could be we were able to after all. We are just going with our own translations as my wife refuses to spend so much money on getting it notarized. Along the same lines, the Police Certificate comes sealed. I am guessing we can't open it to translate it anyway. Also we can't provide a copy of it if its sealed. Should we just send the sealed Police Cert or do we open it to translate and copy it?

Thanks for the info ahoka! :)

from the tokyo embassy website: http://japan.usembassy.gov/e/visa/tvisa-ivpolice.html

The important line being this.

"Note: Japanese Police Certificates are sealed. If the seal is broken, the certificate is no longer valid. Do not open the certificate prior to submission to the Embassy/Consulate."

I sent the original sealed police certificate to NVC with my DS230. So far, everything seems ok. I'm really hoping nothing gets lost when they forward to the embassy. It was my understanding that the police certificate includes an english translation...but i can't remember where i read that information from.

Timeline
from the tokyo embassy website: http://japan.usembassy.gov/e/visa/tvisa-ivpolice.html

The important line being this.

"Note: Japanese Police Certificates are sealed. If the seal is broken, the certificate is no longer valid. Do not open the certificate prior to submission to the Embassy/Consulate."

I sent the original sealed police certificate to NVC with my DS230. So far, everything seems ok. I'm really hoping nothing gets lost when they forward to the embassy. It was my understanding that the police certificate includes an english translation...but i can't remember where i read that information from.

Ahh, ok. I hadn't read that. Thanks for the reply ahoka and its good to know you haven't hit any snags yet! :)

- Justin and Masako

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Just wanna share the good news that my case has been completed at NVC on June 12, 2008 :dance: . Hoping to get Interview date soon :innocent:

Thanks to all who shared information and goodluck to all still waiting.

Sarudoshi

CR1 - California Service Center

02-28-2007 Sent in application

12-10-2007 Interview US Embassy/Tokyo

12-12-2007 Visa received

12-25-2007 US entry

Lifting Condition - Vermont Service Center

10-07-2009 Sent in application

11-20-2009 Biometrics Appointment

01-04-2010 Approved

01-24-2010 Visa received

N400 - Lewisville Texas

04-26-2011 Sent in application

05-02-2011 NOA

05-02-2011 Check cashed

06-09-2011 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 06/15

06-10-2011 Early walk-in Biometrics

06-14-2011 Inline sched. for interview

07-08-2011 Received Interview Letter

08-10-2011 Interview (Passed)

08-22-2011 Oath

Timeline
Just wanna share the good news that my case has been completed at NVC on June 12, 2008 :dance: . Hoping to get Interview date soon :innocent:

Sarudoshi

Thats great news sarudoshi! Congratulations! :D

I hope you can have your interview soon! :)

- Justin and Masako

Timeline

I am sorry that it has been so long since I posted on the site but I had some rough luck in April and I am just now getting back on track.

I had to have a pace maker in April; about the same time that my wife finally arrived in America from Japan. It was a total surprise for her!

In a previous post I promised to tell about our moving service after my wife’s items arrived in the US. They finally arrived a few weeks back and everything was in great shape. No container damage anywhere.

I am unsure what she paid but I can find out if anyone is interested.

Good luck everyone!

:dance:

June 2006 Met Online

many emails and Skype sessions

November 2006 Met in the US

Many emails and Skype sessions

April 16th 2007 Married in Japan

June 11th 2007 USCIS posted case Online

June 12th 2007 Check Cashed

June Received NOA-1 dated June 29th 2007

June to September Wife visits me in the US (3 month visit)

October 17th 2007 Touched

October 17th Approved

October 29th NVC Received documents from USICS

October 31st NVC assigns Case number

November 5th 3032 and AOS bill sent out

November 22nd Wife receives 3032 in Japan

November 24th Wife mails 3032 back to NVC

November 26th I receive AOS bill and send it back to NVC (same day)

November 28th 3032 entered into NVC system

November 30th AOS bill entered into the system

December 3rd IV Bill Generated

December 11th Received I-864 packet

December 12th sent I-864 to NVC

December 14th Received the IV bill

December 14th Completed Medical Exam

December 15th Sent back IV bill

December 20th IV Bill input into the NVC system

December 26th DS-230 mailed

January 28th CASE COMPLETE!!!

February 08th Case at Embassy

March 04th Police Certificate

March 31st INTERVIEW!!!!

April 20th Date of Entery !!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
I have a question

I just found this thread. If it's no answered yet, all you need is the NVC case number. We did it

for my wife a couple of weeks ago, no problem. Present your case number to the police department,

they dot it down and away you go to pick up the envelope within 14 days. Good Luck.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Our case was completed at NVC on June 10. I called and the recording says to wait 8 weeks. I certainly

hope this will not be the case. Looking at our Indian friends, I see they got scheduled within 4-7 after

case was complete. I see a some couples here with a similar completion date, let's keep posting updates.

Timeline

Thanks Justin and Masako,

I will post once I got my interview date.

Your case is close to completion too! Goodluck (F)

Sarudoshi

Thats great news sarudoshi! Congratulations! :D

I hope you can have your interview soon! :)

12-12-2007 Visa received

12-25-2007 US entry

01-04-2010 Approved

01-24-2010 Visa received

N400 - Lewisville Texas

05-02-2011 NOA

05-02-2011 Check cashed

08-22-2011 Oath

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

My babe got her learner's permit for driving today. In Arkansas you don't need a social security number to get a license. Anyway, we went to one DMV and she made a 64% on the test. We reviewed the questions she could remember and then drove to another testing location and this time she made an 80% which is the min passing score. Lucky!

I'm teaching her to drive everyday for about one hour. I have a manual transmission Honda Accord, so the learning is a bit challenging. After 30 days we can go back to get her examined by a policeman on the practical test. I don't know how it will work with her I-94 being expired, but hopefully by that time she will have EAD or greencard...otherwise, I doubt they will issue a license. But...the expiration date of the learner's permit goes way past her I-94 expiration date, so you never know. It seems in Arkansas they're pretty relaxed about the driver license, unlike Texas or Indiana.

K-1 Visa, AOS, ROC journey

25 Sep 07: Send 129F to VSC

1 Oct 07: receive NOA1

10 Jan 08: receive NOA2

14 Jan 08: NVC receives

16 Jan 08: NVC sends to Tokyo

18 Jan 08: Tokyo embassy receives

24 Jan 08: Receive Instruction packet

4 Feb 08: receive interview app't letter

3 Mar 08: Embassy Interview App't date

6 Mar 08: Receive Visa!

19 Apr 08: Wedding

21 Apr 08: Send AOS, AP, EAD to Chicago

25 Apr 08: Apply for SSN

28 Apr 08: receive AOS, AP, EAD NOA

14 May 08: Biometrics app't for AOS and EAD

22 May 08: Follow-up on SSN -- some problem with name check

23 May 08: Passport name change at Japan Consulate

29 May 08: I-485 case transferred to CSC

4 Jun 08: I-485 received by CSC

11 Jun 08: Yet another SSN follow-up -- supposedly fixed "the glitch"

17 Jun 08: Receive Learner's Permit for driving

20 Jun 08: Finally Receive SSN card

1 Jul 08: EAD card Production ordered, AP approval sent

7 Jul 08: Receive AP

9 Jul 08: Receive EAD card

23 Jul 08: Green Card production ordered

26 Jul 08: Receive welcome notice

29 Jul 08: Green card sent to me

31 Jul 08: Receive 2-year Green Card

1 Aug 08: Apply for unrestricted SSN card

8 Aug 08: Receive unrestricted SSN card

7 Nov 08: Receive Arkansas driver license

27 Apr 10: VSC receives I-751 to remove conditions

28 Apr 10: NOA for I-751

15 May 10: Receive ASC Appointment Notice

28 May 10: Biometrics Appointment

19 Jul 10: Removal of Conditions Approved

24 Jul 10: Receive 10-year green card

Timeline

Our case was completed two days after yours. Just called NVC today, interview date is on August 25th 2008.

Goodluck...

Our case was completed at NVC on June 10. I called and the recording says to wait 8 weeks. I certainly

hope this will not be the case. Looking at our Indian friends, I see they got scheduled within 4-7 after

case was complete. I see a some couples here with a similar completion date, let's keep posting updates.

12-12-2007 Visa received

12-25-2007 US entry

01-04-2010 Approved

01-24-2010 Visa received

N400 - Lewisville Texas

05-02-2011 NOA

05-02-2011 Check cashed

08-22-2011 Oath

Timeline

I hope they all aren't two months after for the interview. :/

I will be sending in our DS-230 in a couple of days and we were hoping for an interview date in August but from your timeline that doesn't look very likely. :(

Our case was completed two days after yours. Just called NVC today, interview date is on August 25th 2008.

Goodluck...

- Justin and Masako

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Our case was completed on June 19, and the interview scheduled for August 18. They said mail confirming the details will come within 10-15 days.

The two month delay is pretty consistent with timelines on VJ, though it I seem to recall it once being closer to 45 days.

I hope they all aren't two months after for the interview. :/

I will be sending in our DS-230 in a couple of days and we were hoping for an interview date in August but from your timeline that doesn't look very likely. :(

Goodluck...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.