Jump to content

Affidavit of Support-Joint Sponsor

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

I have filed an I-130 for my husband and now we are about to start the I-864 forms. I am a stay at home mom and my husband is the sole earner. We are actually living in America, he is on an L-1 visa (we decided to not do adjustment of status because we had already paid the NVC fees before he was offered this job/got his L-1 visa). He has only been here working for the past 2 months.

My question is, do we have to have a joint sponsor? Since we won't be filing taxes until next year, we don't have evidence so I can't use his income to prove financial support? Or can we use pay stubs, a letter from employer, bank statements, and then not use a joint sponsor?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.