ms514

Materials To Bring To The Interview

10 posts in this topic

Hi:

First, thanks to everyone who has helped me through this process. :thumbs:

I have a list of things that the wife plans to bring to the interview. If you see something missing, please let me know:

Ø COPIES OF DS-230 PART I AND DS 156/156K (156 K WAS ON CHECKLIST)

Ø KNIGHTSBRIDGE RECEIPT AND VACCINATION RECORDS

Ø WIFE'S PASSPORT

Ø 6 PHOTOGRAPHS FOR VISA (NEED ONLY 2 OR 3, BUT WHATEVER)

Ø DS-230 PART II UNSIGNED (AGAIN, WAS ON THE CHECKLIST)

Ø APPOINTMENT LETTER

Ø PHONE BILLS WITH MY NUMBER

Ø E-MAILS (400 PAGES BOUND IN A LOVELY PAPER COVER)

Ø WEDDING AND COUPLE PHOTOS (2 ALBUMS, ONE WEDDING AND ONE OF US AS A COUPLE ON OUR TRIPS)

Ø WEDDING BILLS

Ø WEDDING INVITE LIST

Ø WEDDING CARDS (SAMPLE 10 FROM GUESTS AND THE INVITATION CARDS)

Ø BANK STATEMENT OF COMBINED ACCOUNT

Ø TRIP ITENERARIES, BILLS AND CREDIT CARD STATEMENTS WITH TRIP BILL ON IT

Ø MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (LEGALIZED) - HAD TWO MADE FROM THE REGISTER, SO THEY CAN KEEP ONE

Ø BIRTH CERTIFICATE (LEGALIZED)

Ø POLICE CERTIFICATE/SUBJECT ACCESS AND COPY

Ø PLANE TICKETS AND ITENERARIES

Ø AFFIDIVIT OF SUPPORT (I-134, EMPLOYER LETTER, TAX TRANSCRIPTS, W2 - 2004, 2005, 2006, 1040 - 2004, 2005, BANK STATEMENTS FOR 2005, PAY STUBS FOR 3-4 MONTHS, I-864EZ)

Ø BIOGRAPHICAL PAGE OF MY PASSPORT (SHE HAS A COPY, SO WHY NOT).

Ø WEDDING MOVIE DVD (SOMEONE WHO INTERVIEWED IN INDIA RECOMMENDED IT?!?!?)

Last thing is that we had certified copies made of the birth certificate (long) and the marriage certificate and then had them legalized. So currently, my wife has two "origionals" (certified copies) from the registrar. We were thinking of having the Consulate simply keep one as we have a certifed copy. Any issues you folks think? Of course, all this stuff weighs like 20 lbs, so the wife will take two carrier/shopping bags with her to hold this stuff. Any issues at security with that much stuff?

Thanks for any help you can provide. :blush:

Edited by ms514

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Make sure the binding on your 400 pages of emails is extra pretty, or they might hold up the visa until you get it looking nicer.

Just kidding tho.

Um, that looks good. That's a lot. Maybe too much. They aren't going to watch the DVD of your wedding. But hey why not eh? Cheers.

signature here

All looking good..................good luck

k37hm7.png

03-06-10 Mailed N-400

03-17-10 Check cashed

03-19-10 NOA received

03-22-10 Biometrics sent

04-09-10 Biometrics appointment

06-14-10 Interview Date

06-22-10 Received letter for Oath

07-02-10 Oath ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Most of that stuff won't be needed at all, but looks like anything they ask for she will have to hand. Better safe than sorrywas my motto when I went.

Security will X-ray the stuff, but they seemed more interested in electronics when I was there last week.

Good luck to both of you.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2006-09-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-09-28

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-10-18

NVC Received : 2006-10-20

NVC Left : 2006-10-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2006-11-06

Packet 3 Sent : 2006-12-02

Packet 4 Received : 2006-12-07

Interview Date : 2007-01-31

Visa Received : 2007-02-03

US Entry : 2007-03-06

Marriage : 2007-03-30

Extra pretty...yeah...with ribbons and bows, using that special paper with the petals in it... :blink: The wife is a craftswoman. :blink:

This is all the "better safe than sorry" stuff. She is already pretty dejected because she was denied a B2 to go and visit the hubby. So she's more than willing to take all the stuff. Luckily, the important paperwork is organized by a tabbed folder for quick access. This website has helped tremendously in every aspect of the visa process. For all your help, I cannot be thankful enough.

Oh, they'll watch the DVD all right...all bloody 4 hours of it. If I gotta wait months on end to be re-united with my wife, they watch it if they know what's good for them... :devil::blush::innocent::whistle:

Timeline
Extra pretty...yeah...with ribbons and bows, using that special paper with the petals in it... :blink: The wife is a craftswoman. :blink:

This is all the "better safe than sorry" stuff. She is already pretty dejected because she was denied a B2 to go and visit the hubby. So she's more than willing to take all the stuff. Luckily, the important paperwork is organized by a tabbed folder for quick access. This website has helped tremendously in every aspect of the visa process. For all your help, I cannot be thankful enough.

Oh, they'll watch the DVD all right...all bloody 4 hours of it. If I gotta wait months on end to be re-united with my wife, they watch it if they know what's good for them... :devil::blush::innocent::whistle:

Hehehe.. alright, I approve! Best wishes for both of you!

signature here

heishe, me thinks you will see my wife at the Consulate that day (same interview date). Look for a woman struggling to hold two big bags...you'll know her when you see her...she stands out, just like her hubby.

Best of luck to you that day too!!! Any trouble and you both can gang up on the Consulate officers... :devil:

:blush:

Edited by ms514

Timeline
heishe, me thinks you will see my wife at the Consulate that day (same interview date). Look for a woman struggling to hold two big bags...you'll know her when you see her...she stands out, just like her hubby.

Best of luck to you that day too!!! Any trouble and you both can gang up on the Consulate officers... :devil:

:blush:

I won't see her, but my boy might! Man, I hope they don't have to stand outside in the cold too long. Have you guys booked a flight home yet?

signature here

Flight home? Nope...not yet. That we'll do as soon as the visa is in her hand. I know my wife will be outside for about 45 -1 hr minutes or so (has an appointment at 8:30 am, told her to get there by like 7:45 am...want her in ASAP and out ASAP). Then, the paranoia of "was that the doorbell"?!?!? begins looking out for the SMS courier. :blink: Then the POE, and then FINALLY, together at last... :dance:

Hopefully, she will have a similar experience as all the other reported interviewees, give the paperwork in, answer a few questions, pay the courier and leave knowing that we can finally begin our marriage like we are supposed to...together.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.