gp1

I-134 notarizations?

9 posts in this topic

I'm in the process of submitting packet 3 and need some help from you experienced VJs.

I had the I-134 notarized with originals of my supporting documents.

-bank letter

-pay stubs

-employer letter

-tax returns for last 3 years

-stock statements

-etc.

I've read over a few other posts on this topic that were helpful but still

have these concerns:

Do I mail in a ceritified copy of my I-134 and supporting documents with pack 3 or the original?

If I make copies, do I have certify each supporting document? or just the I-134?

Can your 401k count under stocks, bonds on the I-134?

Any other tips or help is appreciated.

I'll be heading over to VN in a couple days.

THANKS...

Nov-2005 Meet in VN.

Mar-2006 Returned to VN

Aug-2006 Returned to VN(dam hoi)

Sep-2006 Sent in I-129F

Oct-2006 Received NOA1

Dec-2006 Received NOA2

Jan-2007 Forwarded by NVC

Jan-2007 Received Pack 3

Feb-2007 Returned to VN(dam cuoi)

Apr-2007 Received Pack 4

May-15th 2007 Passed K1 interview

May-17th 2007 Picked up Visa

May-26th 2007 POE

Filed: Timeline
I'm in the process of submitting packet 3 and need some help from you experienced VJs.

I had the I-134 notarized with originals of my supporting documents.

-bank letter

-pay stubs

-employer letter

-tax returns for last 3 years

-stock statements

-etc.

have these concerns:

Do I mail in a ceritified copy of my I-134 and supporting documents with pack 3 or the original?

If I make copies, do I have certify each supporting document? or just the I-134?

Any other tips or help is appreciated.

I'll be heading over to VN in a couple days.

THANKS...

These are the documents you send back to the consulate. I would send Fedex or DHL back to the consulate so you know it actually got there by signature.

DS-230 Part I

Interview checklist

Yes, use the 401k.

I sent my Vo yeu 2 certified copies of my I-134 just in case she needed it. Actually I sent her certified double copies of everything that I could.

2006-07-01 : I-129F Sent

2006-07-11 : I-129F NOA1

2006-09-18 : I-129F NOA2

2006-10-16 : NVC Left

2006-10-21 : Consulate Received

2006-11-10 : Packet 3 Received

2006-11-11 : Packet 3 Sent

2007-02-14 : Interview!!! OMFG!!!

The views I express here are of my opinion only.

i agree with everything LURKER said. and totally agree. do not trust the US Mail system to get your documents over there. it is not US Mail systems fault. it is what it is.....

good luck

Good Times

have these concerns:

No, you only certify the I-134.

I would include the 401K under stocks and bonds on the I-134.

Thanks for all your input.

I leave for VN tonight and will try to submit the packet during my trip.

Didn't think about it, but I will definately try and get proof of delivery.

Nov-2005 Meet in VN.

Mar-2006 Returned to VN

Aug-2006 Returned to VN(dam hoi)

Sep-2006 Sent in I-129F

Oct-2006 Received NOA1

Dec-2006 Received NOA2

Jan-2007 Forwarded by NVC

Jan-2007 Received Pack 3

Feb-2007 Returned to VN(dam cuoi)

Apr-2007 Received Pack 4

May-15th 2007 Passed K1 interview

May-17th 2007 Picked up Visa

May-26th 2007 POE

For the Tax returns, Best bet is to get the Tax Transcript from the IRS not a copy of the tax return you already filed. People can fake it by using Turbo Tax. I got so frustrate when I called the IRS last week I could not get a hold of a life person until yesterday. Good thing that i hit a lot of option numbers and the 0 a lot of times and it got me to the life person.

Until you get a hold of a real person, they are very polite and helpful. First they screen you through few questions to verify your identity, then they gave you 2 options to get your transcript. 1 option through fax then 2 option they can mail it to you. If the fax option failed then they will mail it to you. For my case a got a copy of my Tax Transcript through Fax.

If someone in here want to do the same then feel free to do it. Hit option 4 then 1 then a lot of zeroooooooooos then will get you the life person.

Good luck.........

I am ready to go back now hehehhe.

Edited by CK&Tydi

My K1 Time Line

AOS Quest: Completed :=)

06-08-2007: AOS Package Sent

06-12-2007: AOS Package Recieved

06-19-2007: Check Cashed

06-22-2007: NOA1 in the Mail

06-26-2007: Biometrics Appoinment Received 7-14-2007

07-14-2007: Biometrics Appointment

10-29-2007: AOS interview - still need to wait for FBI name check.

02-27-2008: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident

02-28-2008: Card production ordered

03-04-2008: Approval notice sent

03-07-2008: Green Card received

05-07-2008: California ID received (took almost a year to get it)

Being a Dad Quest: :=)

06-05-2008: My lovely baby girl arrived.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I do not think people here might want to "fake" in filling their tax though. They will be in a big trouble and the gov has done their checking pretty well. not much difference between the copy of your tax return which you filed yourself and its copy from IRS though :D If you show your copy of tax return from IRS and they ask for papers which prove information you gave them was true and you did not have them at that time??? Still get blue slip i guess.

The best is well-prepared for eveything which you will show them. I have known many people passed the interview easily with only few simply copy tax papers which they filled by themselves. Be yourself and you will get it. Do not try more than that and they will have red flag on you.

Good luck!

Edited by T&T

Our time line:

Aug-2006: I129F sent

Oct-2006: NOA2

Dec-2006:packet 3 received and sent

Dec-2006 to Jan-2007:visit her again in 11 days (fourth trip)

Feb-2007: packet 4 received

March-19th-2007: INTERVIEW PASSED

March-17th-2007: visit her again and join her interview (fifth trip)

March-20th-2007: visa pick up

March-23th-2007: POE at LA (easy and fast)

http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-Uv7PHgY_ar...tGl8kO81e.0AOJ3

http://tracyreed.org/

May-07th-2007: got married

May-30th-2007: AOS sent (included I-131 and I-765)

June-01th-2007:AOS forms delivered

June-09th-2007:NOA for all forms(notice date June-05-2007)

July-19th-2007 :Biometrics done (AOS&EAD)

September-04th-2007: AOS interview

August-17th-2007: Advance parole and EAD card recived (middle name on Advance parole paper was typo, mailed papers asking for correction to USCIS in Chicago, how annoying it is!)

September-04-2007: AOS interview, case pending for Security clearance (the game begins)

April-30-2008: Name check was clear, waiting for green card delivery(made 3 inform pass in April, May and June, my file was forgotten in the office where we were interviewed)

July-16-2008:Card production ordered

July-19-2008:Welcome letter received in mail

July-22-2008:Approval notice sent

July-23-2008:Green card arrived in mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The current I-134 expires in 4/2007. If our interveiw is scheduled for after 4/2007, will a notarized 1-134 before the expiration date work? Or she I wait until the new version comes out.

I am expecting a July or Augus interview date.

(sorry OP, didn't mean to hijack your thread)

K1 Time Line

Don and Linh

October 22, 2006 - Sent I-129F

November 2, 2006 - NOA1

January 30, 2007 - NOA2

February 8, 2007 - Arrives at NVC

February 12, 2007 - Arrives at Consultate in HCMC

February 28, 2007 - Consulate sends out Packet 3

March 8, 2007 - Packet 3 recieved

May 11, 2007 - Packet 3 recieved by Consulate

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'd have my I-134 done and ready a month before the interview date. Must understand "notary" is nothing but: I notarized this document WAS SIGNED by this person XYZ upon checking for the proper and matching ID's". nothing more than that, it doesn't make the document you sign OFFICIAL. No big fuzz over it really!

Again, you can have anything notarized by a public notary. He/she just states: i see with my own eyes the person who signs this document is who he claims he is via his id card. :)

Keep in mind, 401K is not liquid asset, stock are not either. Borrowing and selling your 401k/stock are big deal, it might help a little bit in your case but it only shows how financially desparate you are if you have to resort to your retirement fund. Just show your annual income (salary/paystub) that would do. IMO. Keep in mind, the CO wants to see how you will take care of your new spouse, it's another expense and liability added to your existing ones. Prove it and you're a step closer to the next PINK slip baby! :D

Good luck!

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.