IslAmy

Cairo folks waiting for interview

452 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

YAY! Congrats to those moving forward in their cases and good luck to any in AP, I hope that it will go quickly for you. My fiance and I were in AP for 11 months the first time...not fun and extremely stressful on us both, and our relationship.

On a lighter note...I found out Sunday that our new petition (2nd we have filed, in February 2014) has reached Cairo after 20 months of hell. I am happy and excited to have navigated that mess and only pray that we are not subjected to the same this time because I truly feel that our relationship will not survive it. :(

[Our first petition was finally sent back to US due to the CO questioning the validity of our relationship, even though we were assured that the interview went GREAT and to expect our visa within a month! However, after further inquiry by the Congressman's Immigration Officer was found that they had evidence of a prior marriage (my fiance to an egyptian woman) which we spent 9 months and a load of money with the appeal and obtaining evidence to clear it up and prove that there was a mistake made and our petition was "denied" due to false evidence.]

Timeline

Hi Guys,

My husband's interview was Monday and it resulted in AP. The CO gave him a 221g form only specifying Administrative Processing. He did not request any more papers and they stayed with his passport. Do you know how long it will probably take nowdays?

Thank you in advance.

There's no real way to know what it is going into AP for. If there is any type of question in the CO's mind it goes to AP. Some for a week some for a month and some for even more.. Good luck.. Hopefully it's just a matter of days till it's issued.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

There's no real way to know what it is going into AP for. If there is any type of question in the CO's mind it goes to AP. Some for a week some for a month and some for even more.. Good luck.. Hopefully it's just a matter of days till it's issued.

Thank you Christine for your prompt answer. This is a hard time for all of us.

Another question, can the embassy stay with his passport for months?

Timeline

Thank you Christine for your prompt answer. This is a hard time for all of us.

Another question, can the embassy stay with his passport for months?

From what I have seen and read yes. There seems to be not set rules of time for anything. So I learned very early to expect anything at any step in the process. Edited by christine13

Timeline

Embassy has told our Immigration Liaison that they are scheduling beneficiaries that have completed their paperwork in April this year. But I have heard from 2 others here in VJ that they only waited 3-4 months for an interview...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Embassy has told our Immigration Liaison that they are scheduling beneficiaries that have completed their paperwork in April this year. But I have heard from 2 others here in VJ that they only waited 3-4 months for an interview...

they have been saying that (April completion dates are being scheduled "now") since at least JULY. I can't speak for K1 applicants, but for CR1/IR1, visajourney data shows interviews for people with CCs through the end of June. I believe K1s that finished their paperwork through May (possibly even June) have gotten interviews, too, but I can't remember where I read that. The Cairo embassy will say "We're processing April 2015 CCs" through 2020. :rolleyes:

CR1 Visa

10/03/2014 Priority Date (NOA1)
03/18/2015 NOA2
03/30/2015 NVC Received
04/09/2015 Paid AOS fee + DS261

---NVC system error---
05/18/2015 Scan Date
05/27/2015 DS261 reviewed over phone (after several attempts)
06/11/2015 IV fee invoiced (not available online)
06/16/2015 Checklist

06/27/2015 Checklist Scan Date
07/05/2015 IV fee available online (paid)
07/08/2015 DS260 available (completed)

07/20/2015 CASE COMPLETE!
08/21/2015 Received Case Complete letter dated 8/17/2015
12/01/2015 Interview Scheduled (134 days from CC)
12/14/2015 Received Interview Appointment email (P4)
12/22/2015 Medical Exam

12/30/2015 CEAC changed to 'ready' (no 'in transit' message)
01/14/2016 Interview (178 days from CC) RESULT: APPROVED!
01/18/2016 CEAC changed to "Issued"
01/21/2016 Visa In Hand!!

(F)

475 days from NOA1 to visa in hand (1 year, 3 months, and 18 days)

Timeline

How long did it take everyone to receive the email with packet 3 after NVC sent their Petition to Cairo? My approved 129f Petition was sent to Cairo in September and we still have not received a packet 3 email. Our case status has shown "ready" since October 1. We went ahead and completed the DS 160 and paid the fee at CIB bank but still no packet 3 email. I sent and inquiry on the account page and the reply referred me to another email for immigrant visas. That email referred me to a Q and A list to try to answer my question. There I found yet another email address that I have sent 2 emails to and haven't gotten any reply. Any suggestions on what I can do to get packet 3? What is the correct email address for inquiries on K-1 visas and what is the normal wait time for a response? I am getting very anxious because I don't think I can send Packet 3 until they first send me the email. And the wait time for the interview doesn't begin until packet 3 is received by the embassy correct? Has this happened to anyone here? What did you do to get them to send packet 3? Thanks!

Timeline

they have been saying that (April completion dates are being scheduled "now") since at least JULY. I can't speak for K1 applicants, but for CR1/IR1, visajourney data shows interviews for people with CCs through the end of June. I believe K1s that finished their paperwork through May (possibly even June) have gotten interviews, too, but I can't remember where I read that. The Cairo embassy will say "We're processing April 2015 CCs" through 2020. :rolleyes:

ha ha ha from what have been reading, this is probably true!!

How long did it take everyone to receive the email with packet 3 after NVC sent their Petition to Cairo? My approved 129f Petition was sent to Cairo in September and we still have not received a packet 3 email. Our case status has shown "ready" since October 1. We went ahead and completed the DS 160 and paid the fee at CIB bank but still no packet 3 email. I sent and inquiry on the account page and the reply referred me to another email for immigrant visas. That email referred me to a Q and A list to try to answer my question. There I found yet another email address that I have sent 2 emails to and haven't gotten any reply. Any suggestions on what I can do to get packet 3? What is the correct email address for inquiries on K-1 visas and what is the normal wait time for a response? I am getting very anxious because I don't think I can send Packet 3 until they first send me the email. And the wait time for the interview doesn't begin until packet 3 is received by the embassy correct? Has this happened to anyone here? What did you do to get them to send packet 3? Thanks!

I have this same question, but I have not been waiting as long as you have been. Some of the best advice I have received from the awesome people on VJ is to involve your congressman's/senator's immigration liaison. They may be able to obtain information you won't ever get from sending an email. Emails usually only generate generic responses.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

hi christine . I am also waiting for this never ending folks. I sent my docs on 6 september and everyday I check for this visajourney. I send to the consulate every week regularly. they used to answer me but those days they dont. I had the physical exam in anglo american hospital last week. I know that you sent your docs one month before me so I expect you to have email from the embassy before me. actually I am following you on my profile. I just want to reassure you that this delay is because of the immigrants of DV lottery program I suppose. they are rushing to do their interview actually because their interview is scheduled by the NVC not by the consulate. so the consulate gives them the priority over k1 and CR CR1 visas whose interviews are schedueled by the embassy. :)

I wish you a good journey. and I wish to hear from you if any good news.. :)

hi christine . I am also waiting for this never ending folks. I sent my docs on 6 september and everyday I check for this visajourney. I send to the consulate every week regularly. they used to answer me but those days they dont. I had the physical exam in anglo american hospital last week. I know that you sent your docs one month before me so I expect you to have email from the embassy before me. actually I am following you on my profile. I just want to reassure you that this delay is because of the immigrants of DV lottery program I suppose. they are rushing to do their interview actually because their interview is scheduled by the NVC not by the consulate. so the consulate gives them the priority over k1 and CR CR1 visas whose interviews are schedueled by the embassy. :)

Timeline

Hey everyone.. Has anyone gotten news of K1 interviews being scheduled recently?

Posted Today, 11:23 AM

Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.