-Shana-

UK VJers Progress Update Thread

3,615 posts in this topic

Thanks Nich-Nick! He's an anomaly in that he hasn't got a middle name to worry about :P But that's good to know, and we'll go into the SSA in a couple weeks then. We'll also have to go into the DMV to upgrade his license (current one is only good for a year).

Both the DMV and SSA said you are supposed to allow two weeks for your status change to make it to the S.A.V.E. database when we popped in one day, but his was in there not long after his naturalization oath ceremony. So it sounds like both places are tied to USCIS. They also issued a new license to add the middle name as it was on his naturalization certificate.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Thanks, but its good since i was planning to leave early july :) I'm leaving on the 13th so right around when we had planned for. I may have got an rfe but ill still be there in july :)

On another note my ceac changed to issued this morning.

That's awesome! CONGRATS!!

By some miracle we managed to get everything we needed done for the AOS application and now we're filing bright and early tomorrow. Cheers to another round of long waiting and potential headaches. This will be fun hahaha

event.png

event.png

Just waiting to find out when its being delivered. If its not delivered by weds and I'm busy on the day it is delivered, is it possible to rescedual delivery? When i got my daughters passport we could change the day by text. Is it the same?

K-1 Jan 2016 Applicant timeline.

I-129f sent to lock box 7th January 2016.
Delivered 11th January 2016.
NOA1 sent to CSC January 14th 2016.
NOA1 Hard copy January 21st 2016.
RFE email 10th March 2016.
RFE hard copy - 21th March 2016.
RFE Evidence sent- 4th April 2016.
RFE Received by USCIS- 6th April 2016.
NOA2 Received by email dated 18th April 2016.
NOA2 hard copy - April 21st 2016
NVC Recieved- May 9th 2016.
NVC number received- May 9th 2016.
DS-160 filled out - 9th May 2016.
Medical - May 18th 2016
CEAC in Transit - 11th May 2016.
CEAC update embassy received medical- may 24th 2016
Interview- June 15th 2016. - approved!!
POE- July 13th 2016 -Chicago

Married July 18th 2016. (L)

AOS

Package sent- August 18th 2016

Arrived at Chicago Lockbox- August 20th 2016.

NOA 1 - August 25th 2016 (text received 27th).

AP NOA1- 22nd August 2016 (text received 27th).

EAD NOA1- 22nd August 2016 (email received 27th).

NOA1 Hard copies received- September 1st 2016.

Bio-metrics- 20th September 2016.

Request Initial Information for I-485 - October 6th 2016.

RFIE- Affidavit Support information October 11th 2016.

RFIE- Response sent Overnight USPS. October 17th 2016.

RFIE- Delivered October 18th 2016.

RFIE- Received by USCIS October 20th 2016.

EAD- Card Being produced November 17th 2016.

AP- Approved November 17th 2016.

Hi everyone, can anyone see how far out the London embassy is currently scheduling interviews? We're hoping to be able to book it on Monday.

Spoiler

2/25/16...Mailed I-129F packet to Dallas lockbox

2/27/16...USPS confirms delivery at post office

3/3/16...Money order cashed

3/4/16...NOA1 email/text

5/26/16...NOA2 email/text

6/17/16...NVC received

6/20/16...Case number assigned

6/29/16...Medical

7/12/16...Interview Approved!

7/13/16...Visa in Administrative Processing

7/14/16...Visa Issued
7/19/16...Visa received (courier)
7/25/16...Arrival in US ❤️ (via Dublin POE)

8/1/16...City Hall wedding

8/9/16...Mailed AOS, EAD, AP packet to Chicago lockbox

8/12/16...NOA1 email/text

8/30/16...Received biometrics letter

9/2/16...Early walk-in biometrics at Portland, ME field office

10/17/16...EAD/AP status changed to "Approved"

11/1/16...Received EAD/AP combo card in the mail

3/22/17...AOS approved without interview

3/30/17...Green Card received in mail

ROC

2/11/19...Mailed I-751 packet to Dallas lockbox

2/15/19...Package delivered by USPS

2/19/19...Text message - receipt notice 

2/20/19...Check cashed

Hi everyone, can anyone see how far out the London embassy is currently scheduling interviews? We're hoping to be able to book it on Monday.

Just took a glance at your timeline--seems like your file just made it to the NVC. Sadly the way the interviews work is that you don't book them yourself...I and my husband thought the same thing at first when the time came. All you have to do is notify the Embassy when you've got everything in order. It'll take a few days before the NVC fully processes your paperwork but they should be assigning you a case number. Once you have that case number you can schedule your medical appointment with Knightsbridge. Once you have that, make sure you have your police certificate on the day for the appointment, get all your evidence together and then fill out the forms to let the Embassy know you're ready for them to schedule your interview. The case still needs to be sent to the London Embassy but you can start all the odds and ends now. When it finally arrives they'll give you a date. At the moment it seems like they're scheduling interviews in beginning of August. Sometimes you get lucky and you get an interview sooner as a needs basis--so put on your form the date you plan to/want to go over to the States-->it can help or at least tell the Embassy when you want to head over. We put on ours April 19 and our wedding on the 28th of May and we managed to get an April 4 interview at the time.

The stage you're at now is a lot of little things to cover before you get to that interview date part but keep your chin up and stay organized because that's the best way to stay on top of this and get an interview date sooner rather than later.

Edited by vpalermo85

event.png

event.png

Just took a glance at your timeline--seems like your file just made it to the NVC. Sadly the way the interviews work is that you don't book them yourself...I and my husband thought the same thing at first when the time came. All you have to do is notify the Embassy when you've got everything in order. It'll take a few days before the NVC fully processes your paperwork but they should be assigning you a case number. Once you have that case number you can schedule your medical appointment with Knightsbridge. Once you have that, make sure you have your police certificate on the day for the appointment, get all your evidence together and then fill out the forms to let the Embassy know you're ready for them to schedule your interview. The case still needs to be sent to the London Embassy but you can start all the odds and ends now. When it finally arrives they'll give you a date. At the moment it seems like they're scheduling interviews in beginning of August. Sometimes you get lucky and you get an interview sooner as a needs basis--so put on your form the date you plan to/want to go over to the States-->it can help or at least tell the Embassy when you want to head over. We put on ours April 19 and our wedding on the 28th of May and we managed to get an April 4 interview at the time.

The stage you're at now is a lot of little things to cover before you get to that interview date part but keep your chin up and stay organized because that's the best way to stay on top of this and get an interview date sooner rather than later.

Thanks for your answer, I'm confused though...everything I've read on here said that since May you book your interview yourself on this site: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv

And that you can do this once you have your NVC number. Are you referring to the process before they changed it to be online?

Spoiler

3/4/16...NOA1 email/text

6/17/16...NVC received

6/29/16...Medical

7/14/16...Visa Issued

ROC

2/20/19...Check cashed

Thanks for your answer, I'm confused though...everything I've read on here said that since May you book your interview yourself on this site: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv

And that you can do this once you have your NVC number. Are you referring to the process before they changed it to be online?

They do seem to have changed the interview date bit. You guys are lucky in that case in terms of picking the date, but from what it seems like you still need to complete everything else before you can attend your interview date since the Embassy needs to have your medical information in hand before you can have your interview. So you still need your police certificate--if you haven't ordered one make sure to do so because you'll need that during your medical exam. If you don't have it by the time your medical is scheduled, make sure to call Knightsbridge and let them know and they'll tell you that you can email it and when you do they'll forward your medical information to the embassy. In about a day or two call the NVC to find out your case number which is what you'll need in order to book the medical. It's a little more flexible now since you get to pick your own date, but it's still the same general process as it was a few months ago.

Edited by vpalermo85

event.png

event.png

Also, Knightsbridge books up quickly so I'd wait to fill out your readiness form until you have your appointment for the medical. After the medical it takes roughly 5 days for the Embassy to receive the information. And if you haven't done so yet, make sure your fiancee sends you a wet signature for the affidavit of support since the Embassy won't accept a scanned or photocopied version. Before the change over though, interviews were being scheduled for late June/mid-July.

event.png

event.png

Also, Knightsbridge books up quickly so I'd wait to fill out your readiness form until you have your appointment for the medical. After the medical it takes roughly 5 days for the Embassy to receive the information. And if you haven't done so yet, make sure your fiancee sends you a wet signature for the affidavit of support since the Embassy won't accept a scanned or photocopied version. Before the change over though, interviews were being scheduled for late June/mid-July.

What I have read on here is that you can do the online DS-160 and book your medical and interview all at once, as you're going to get a medical appointment for much sooner than an interview and there will be plenty of time in between medical and interview (i.e. more than 5 days). I'm the petitioner, my fiance has his police certificate, birth certificate, military records, vaccination records, etc. all ready.

It seemed like people who already have accounts on the UK appointment site were able to log in and see when the soonest interview dates were available, that's why I was asking if anyone had access to see how the dates looked :secret:

Spoiler

3/4/16...NOA1 email/text

6/17/16...NVC received

6/29/16...Medical

7/14/16...Visa Issued

ROC

2/20/19...Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What I have read on here is that you can do the online DS-160 and book your medical and interview all at once, as you're going to get a medical appointment for much sooner than an interview and there will be plenty of time in between medical and interview (i.e. more than 5 days). I'm the petitioner, my fiance has his police certificate, birth certificate, military records, vaccination records, etc. all ready.

It seemed like people who already have accounts on the UK appointment site were able to log in and see when the soonest interview dates were available, that's why I was asking if anyone had access to see how the dates looked :secret:

I just tried to check dates for you, but as I have already had my interview, I can't see the dates anymore. When I checked earlier this week, I think they may have had some dates in late July. When I booked my interview, the first available date was for late June, which was around 4 weeks away. I checked again a few days later and was able to find a date a week earlier, so changed it.

You can book your medical as soon as you have your case number, when I booked mine, I was able to get an appointment a week later, but I've seen some people get one earlier and others later. My case was in transit when I booked my medical, and the embassy received my case on the same day I had my medical.

As for booking the interview, I filled out my DS-160 straight away, but I had problems creating an account to book my appointment, I have no idea why. It kept saying my case is not ready to schedule an interview, maybe it was a glitch, or maybe it was normal, I still have no idea. It worked eventually, so can't complain. Hopefully that won't be the case for you, it doesn't hurt to try anyway.

Good luck.

Edited by Shalvee

From reading several discussions since the May change to "book your own interview", I think it goes like this:

Knightsbridge (same process) asks your LND number when you call to book. They are just common people asking you for a number. So if you know it, they will give you an appointment. Heck, if you made up a number LND 2016 XXX XXX, they would give you an appointment. They aren't tied in to any government system that verifies your eligibility. Knightsbridge does not usually have a long wait and you could probably get in by the next week or the week after.

The interview appointment process (new) seems to have a time when it is "unlocked" to let you in. Just knowing your LND number by calling NVC or having submitted DS-160 doesn't seem to do it. It appears that your case needs to be in London and logged in (for lack of a better word) before the appointment system recognizes your LND number. Once "in" your available choice of appointments tends to be four weeks away, maybe three. That is just dependent on their work flow and how many people got "in" before you. Just because they switched to "pick your own date" does not mean they cleared out the queue that came before you.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Thanks all! So it seems like we should be able to book the interview later next week. I was told some people have luck by taking the soonest available date and then checking back to see if any earlier dates open up. Fingers crossed...we are hoping to marry 8/20.

Spoiler

3/4/16...NOA1 email/text

6/17/16...NVC received

6/29/16...Medical

7/14/16...Visa Issued

ROC

2/20/19...Check cashed

Thanks all! So it seems like we should be able to book the interview later next week. I was told some people have luck by taking the soonest available date and then checking back to see if any earlier dates open up. Fingers crossed...we are hoping to marry 8/20.

I am interested in how the process works with scheduling your own interview as well/ how quickly you can get an appointment once you have your number. Please keep us updated! Fingers crossed that you will get an appointment on time!

K1 PROCESS-

4/13/16: I-129F sent to Lockbox

4/14/16: USCIS Receipt Date

4/19/16: NOA 1 text/ email; case sent to CSC

7/14/16: NOA 2 text/ email & Post Decision Activity Email

7/29/16: NVC Received Case

8/01/16: NVC assigned case number

8/08/16: Medical Interview

8/23/16: Consulate Interview

9/05/16: Visa Delivered

9/06/16: POE

AOS PROCESS-

9/17/16: AOS/ EAD/ AP Paperwork Sent

9/21/16: NOA 1 texts/ emails

9/26/16: NOA 1 hard copies

10/11/16: Biometrics Walk-In

10/12/16: RFIE Received (for AOS)

10/19/16: RFIE Response Sent

11/17/16: EAD/ AP Approved

11/25/16: EAD/ AP Received

I am interested in how the process works with scheduling your own interview as well/ how quickly you can get an appointment once you have your number. Please keep us updated! Fingers crossed that you will get an appointment on time!

Go back two posts before yours and READ.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Go back two posts before yours and READ.

I did read your post thanks. I want to hear first hand from people who are currently going through the process.

K1 PROCESS-

4/13/16: I-129F sent to Lockbox

4/14/16: USCIS Receipt Date

4/19/16: NOA 1 text/ email; case sent to CSC

7/14/16: NOA 2 text/ email & Post Decision Activity Email

7/29/16: NVC Received Case

8/01/16: NVC assigned case number

8/08/16: Medical Interview

8/23/16: Consulate Interview

9/05/16: Visa Delivered

9/06/16: POE

AOS PROCESS-

9/17/16: AOS/ EAD/ AP Paperwork Sent

9/21/16: NOA 1 texts/ emails

9/26/16: NOA 1 hard copies

10/11/16: Biometrics Walk-In

10/12/16: RFIE Received (for AOS)

10/19/16: RFIE Response Sent

11/17/16: EAD/ AP Approved

11/25/16: EAD/ AP Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.