decocker

Goal post torn down, 89 fires set after Ohio State's national title win

10 posts in this topic

Officers on foot, on horses and in cruisers patrolled the main drag through campus after midnight Tuesday, when revelers spilled out of bars near the campus to celebrate the university's 42-20 win over the University of Oregon in Dallas.

Thousands converged on the Ohio State football stadium, where police turned most of them away. Most headed back to the bar area, where cruisers lined the street and officers limited pedestrian and vehicular traffic.

Fans tore down a temporary goal post used for high school games on the south end of the Ohio Stadium field, said university spokesman Dan Hedman.

University police responded to various places in and around campus, including Ohio Stadium, the university's Mirror Lake, a popular student gathering spot, and the neighborhood north of campus, Hedman said.

The 89 fires reported to the Columbus Fire Department involved trash bins, Dumpsters and couches, according to spokeswoman Battalion Chief Tracy Smith. The agency also said it responded to three reports of people with injuries.

Smith says the 89 reports started coming in just before 1 a.m. with the last reported about 4:45 a.m.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nation-world/chi-ohio-state-fan-reaction-20150113-story.html

revelers??? sounds like a bunch of thugs to me. starting fires, general debauchery. can i just ask why they insist on destroying their own neighborhood?

I've been clearing, but I saw this in the gym this morning. Crazy stuff.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Timeline

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nation-world/chi-ohio-state-fan-reaction-20150113-story.html

revelers??? sounds like a bunch of thugs to me. starting fires, general debauchery. can i just ask why they insist on destroying their own neighborhood?

Probably mostly out of state students and alumni causing all the trouble.

The fires are bad. The goal post? Where I went to school, you would take the goal post down and march through main street with it after a big win - it was sort of a ritual

i think our goal posts were permanent.