Ilovemyman

SDO- VISAS K1 , JANUARY 2015 NEW PROCESS

58 posts in this topic

THIS INFORMATION IS AT THE CONSULATE PAGE, I HOPE THIS HELP ALL THOSE WHO WILL HAVE THEIR INTERVIEW NEXT YEAR.

you can go to the page at this link: http: New Immigrant Visa Process Starting in January 2015

New Steps to Follow to Apply for K Visas (fiancée visas)

This office has received notification for the processing of a K-1/K-2 nonimmigrant visa for you. In the interest of preparing for your interview with a consular officer, please read carefully the following instructions. Starting in January 2015, all appointments for the Immigrant Visa Unit, applying for a K visa, will need to follow these steps:

New Steps to follow to apply for K visas:

1. Fill out the DS-160 (Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application), electronically. Please follow this link https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/, answer all questions. If your children are applying for a visa with you, each one must completely fill out the Form DS-160, on line. You must present the print out of the confirmation page, which contains a series of bar codes, and present this confirmation sheet the day of the interview. We suggest to write down the Application ID displayed on the top right-hand corner of the page.

2. You need to create your profile/electronic account atwww.ustraveldocs.com, to schedule your appointment to visit the VAC, (prior to your appointment in the Consular Section). You also need to select the place that you would like to pick up your passport and the immigrant visa package, if issued, in any of the twelve MAILBOXES, ETC locations around the country. Mailboxes, Etc. has 12 locations in the Dominican Republic, in Santo Domingo, Santiago, San Cristobal, Las Terrenas, and La Romana. After completing your profile, you will be directed a confirmation page that lists the visa fee amount due. Please print this page and take it to Banco Popular Dominicano to pay your visa fee.

3. Pay the application fee of US$265, the equivalent in Dominican pesos at any branch of Banco Popular. This one-time fee covers appointment scheduling, client support, and delivery services.

4. Finally, Return to the website at www.ustraveldocs.com to schedule your appointment to be interviewed, for your K visa, in the Consular Section. Remember to be on time to your visa interview in the Consular Section of the Embassy of the United States, and arrive not earlier than half an hour.

Edited by Ilovemyman

THIS INFORMATION IS AT THE CONSULATE PAGE, I HOPE THIS HELP ALL THOSE WHO WILL HAVE THEIR INTERVIEW NEXT YEAR.

you can go to the page at this link: http: New Immigrant Visa Process Starting in January 2015

New Steps to Follow to Apply for K Visas (fiancée visas)

This office has received notification for the processing of a K-1/K-2 nonimmigrant visa for you. In the interest of preparing for your interview with a consular officer, please read carefully the following instructions. Starting in January 2015, all appointments for the Immigrant Visa Unit, applying for a K visa, will need to follow these steps:

New Steps to follow to apply for K visas:

1. Fill out the DS-160 (Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application), electronically. Please follow this link https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/, answer all questions. If your children are applying for a visa with you, each one must completely fill out the Form DS-160, on line. You must present the print out of the confirmation page, which contains a series of bar codes, and present this confirmation sheet the day of the interview. We suggest to write down the Application ID displayed on the top right-hand corner of the page.

2. You need to create your profile/electronic account atwww.ustraveldocs.com, to schedule your appointment to visit the VAC, (prior to your appointment in the Consular Section). You also need to select the place that you would like to pick up your passport and the immigrant visa package, if issued, in any of the twelve MAILBOXES, ETC locations around the country. Mailboxes, Etc. has 12 locations in the Dominican Republic, in Santo Domingo, Santiago, San Cristobal, Las Terrenas, and La Romana. After completing your profile, you will be directed a confirmation page that lists the visa fee amount due. Please print this page and take it to Banco Popular Dominicano to pay your visa fee.

3. Pay the application fee of US$265, the equivalent in Dominican pesos at any branch of Banco Popular. This one-time fee covers appointment scheduling, client support, and delivery services.

4. Finally, Return to the website at www.ustraveldocs.com to schedule your appointment to be interviewed, for your K visa, in the Consular Section. Remember to be on time to your visa interview in the Consular Section of the Embassy of the United States, and arrive not earlier than half an hour.

Thanks for this information. Can you start this application process prior to your approval to get a head start on things or do you have to wait until you receive it?

Thanks for this information. Can you start this application process prior to your approval to get a head start on things or do you have to wait until you receive it?

You need to wait for the appoinment letter or the letter from nvc.

You need to wait for the appoinment letter or the letter from nvc.

How are you supposed to get an appointment letter from the NVC when it says in the new form that we have to schedule the appointment ourselves?

Wow. This is so frustrating. Everything I studied to get things going smoothly has instantly changed. You can not believe how furious I am now.

CAN WE DO ALL THIS REGISTERING FROM USA OR DOES BENEFICIARY HAS TO DO IT HIM SELF?? MY FIANCE AIN'T A COMPUTER GUY, YOU KNOW?? LOL

OMG it's totally in Spanish and I can't speak it well already. It's going to be impossible for either of us to figure it out.

My fiance is completely numb with computers.

I am ready to give up at this point. There is no possible way I can figure this out and I don't have money to pay a lawyer and I don't trust them. I'm burnt out. This whole ordeal has been nothing but frustration from day one.

I am afraid I will end up going there and end up in jail because something wasn't filled in right, and I'll end up losing it. Seriously.

OMG it's totally in Spanish and I can't speak it well already. It's going to be impossible for either of us to figure it out.

My fiance is completely numb with computers.

I am ready to give up at this point. There is no possible way I can figure this out and I don't have money to pay a lawyer and I don't trust them. I'm burnt out. This whole ordeal has been nothing but frustration from day one.

I am afraid I will end up going there and end up in jail because something wasn't filled in right, and I'll end up losing it. Seriously.

I just saw the English link and am a bit relieved - damn I hate this process so much.

How are you supposed to get an appointment letter from the NVC when it says in the new form that we have to schedule the appointment ourselves?

Wow. This is so frustrating. Everything I studied to get things going smoothly has instantly changed. You can not believe how furious I am now.

I know is very confusing this new process, but relax.

If read carefully, you can see that you will go to schedule the appoinment to go to the VCA look the parenthesis says ( prior to the appoinment at the consulate).

Consulate or nvc will go to send you a letter with a date for your interview at the consulate, but prior you go to consulate you need schedule an appoinment at tge VCA THERE YOU WILL BRING THE DOCUMENTS AND TAKE FINGERSPRINTS, WHEN YOU DO THAT THEN YOU GO TO THE CONSULATE TO YOUR INTERVIEW WITH A CONSULAR OFFICER.

I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND NOW .

EXCUSE ME THE CAPITAL LETTERS, I TRY YOU UNDERSTAND BETTER.

IF YOU NEED HELP JUST SEND ME A MESSAGE.

I AM HERE TO TRY TO HELP.

Edited by Ilovemyman

I know is very confusing this new process, but relax.

If read carefully, you can see that you will go to schedule the appoinment to go to the VCA look the parenthesis says ( prior to the appoinment at the consulate).

Consulate or nvc will go to send you a letter with a date for your interview at the consulate, but prior you go to consulate you need schedule an appoinment at tge CVA, THERE YOU WILL BRING THE DOCUMENTS AND TAKE FINGERSPRINTS, WHEN YOU DO THAT THEN YOU GO TO THE CONSULATE TO YOUR INTERVIEW WITH A CONSULAR OFFICER.

I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND NOW .

EXCUSE ME THE CAPITAL LETTERS, I TRY YOU UNDERSTAND BETTER.

IF YOU NEED HELP JUST SEND ME A MESSAGE.

I AM HERE TO TRY TO HELP.

So what you are saying is the in the VCA the fiance has to take all the forms to that appointment rather then in the consolate interview...

So what you are saying is the in the VCA the fiance has to take all the forms to that appointment rather then in the consolate interview...

Yes, at the VCA the aplicant deposit all documents, and they will take fingersprints and all documents needed, then the aplicant go to the interview at the consulate.

In one date rhe aplicant deposit the documents, then another date go to the interview.

Go to the link that i posted on top of this topic, you can read the informations about documents and fingerprints just in the embasdy page follow the the link.

Yes, at the VCA the aplicant deposit all documents, and they will take fingersprints and all documents needed, then the aplicant go to the interview at the consulate.

In one date rhe aplicant deposit the documents, then another date go to the interview.

Go to the link that i posted on top of this topic, you can read the informations about documents and fingerprints just in the embasdy page follow the the link.

GOT IT!! Thanks, I just wanted to make sure I understood correctly.

GOT IT!! Thanks, I just wanted to make sure I understood correctly.

Ok, if you are better speaking spanish then you can send me a message if you have doubts , i like to help.

CAN WE DO ALL THIS REGISTERING FROM USA OR DOES BENEFICIARY HAS TO DO IT HIM SELF?? MY FIANCE AIN'T A COMPUTER GUY, YOU KNOW?? LOL

I hope that so done answer you soon because I would love to know as well. I already file the DS-260 on behalf of my husband and daughter, and I would love to know if I can do it again..

I hope that so done answer you soon because I would love to know as well. I already file the DS-260 on behalf of my husband and daughter, and I would love to know if I can do it again..

I meant to say; I hope that somebody answer you soon*

I figure there isnt nothing wrong do it at Usa, be sure you send the original confirmations page to the beneficiary to pay at banco popular. And go to vca.

To go to deposit papers beneficiary dont need go with the petitioner.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.