Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Filing for AP

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

So I am a little confused in regards to filing for approval to travel with the AOS process is going on. Is it only for emergency travel or can it be to visit family or even go on a honeymoon?

As a former K-1 visa holder, you can apply for AP with teh AOS for free and you can use it to travel outside the US and return while the GC is being processed. The I-131 is a multipurpose form an one is for emergency travel, the other is for a re-entry permit if you are going to be outside the US for more than a year and another is for advance parole which allows you to re-enter the US without the GC or a visa or on the VWP. For the dates of intended travel we put "unknown"

Given the processing times for the GC, it is a good idea to file for the EAD and AP so the need or desire to travel comes up while waiting for the GC.

Good luck,


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.