rrodriguez

Need Help NVC CheckList Confusing

4 posts in this topic

I got this checklist back from the NVC stating I missed item #10 Domicile Country but what I am confused about is that in the introduction it states that I have to complete a whole new AOS and mail it back to the NVC otherwise my case will be on hold. Now on the actual checklist, in bold it states NOT to send the NEW AOS to the NVC because it will cause delays on my case and for the new form to be sent to the beneficiary to take to the interview. Could anyone help me understand this letter. I understand the error I made but I am totally confused about sending or not sending to the NVC. Do i have to mail in a whole new packet with all th financial informatiion again (W2, IRS, etc...) or do I just complete the AOS making sure I answer item #10 and lastly do I mail to NVC or what. Your help is greatly appreciated.

______F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:______________________________________
A review of the I-864, I-864EZ, I-864W or I-864A (if applicable) Affidavit of Support form and
supporting documents that you submitted has revealed that you have provided incomplete information in
your response or you have not responded to some questions.
Please pay specific attention to the questions marked in the attached I-864/A checklist. You will need to
complete and submit a new form with the changes noted on the attached checklist.

You will need to follow the instructions for the Affidavit of Support (I-864) that are posted on the
Department of State website at the following address:
www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov. From there, you can fill out a new form online, print the new
completed form and mail it to NVC. If you are the Petitioner, please read all instructions and complete
the correct form to submit to NVC.
An Affidavit of Support form is required to be submitted from the
Petitioner on each case regardless of his/her income level.

NVC will hold this case until you send us these needed items. When you return the documents to NVC,
please make sure that the documents submitted are in the correct order and stapled together, as stated in
the I-864 Important Notice instructions.

When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this
letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar
code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the
address provided.

PLEASE NOTE: No interview will be scheduled until ALL of the information requested has been
returned to the National Visa Center.

Form I-864EZ, Affidavit of Support & Financial Evidence Checklist
Please review the instructions below then refer to the final page of this checklist for mailing
instructions.

[x] Your I-864EZ, Affidavit of Support, had missing or incorrect information. Please read instructions
below then complete a new form. You can download a new Form I-864EZ and instructions at
uscis.gov/I-864ez. Please give the new form to ___________________________________ to bring to his or her
visa interview. Do not send your new Affidavit of Support to the NVC, as this will cause processing delays.

[x] Item 10. You must enter your country of domicile.
[DNR 11/28/2014]

I called last night and I was advised to fill out and mail a new AOS to the NVC. I asked the reason the check list stated not to mail anything to the NVC and the representative mentioned that those instructions are for cases that are closed and my case has not been closed yet. Thank you for your help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.