NKrishMT

CR-1 Interview Experience in US Embassy-Manila

6 posts in this topic

First off, I would like to thank each and everyone here for all the help and support. Here's my experience, I hope it provides useful info for those who are not yet done with their interviews.

My CR-1 Interview Experience (MNL,Philippines) December 1, 2014

<2:30am>: Woke up. Snoozed for 15 mins. Then woke up for real. Took a bath, dressed up, grabbed breakfast.

<4:15am>: Long Lines!! ? Thought I was one of the earliest to arrive, but there were already about 49-50 people in the IV line before me. Knowing my hubby is with me lessened my nervousness and boredom. Lol. ? Tip: Make sure you are on the right line. :)

Met new friends along the line, both are seniors. They're pretty cool and nice to me and my hubby. One of them even shared her big umbrella with us when it drizzled a bit. So it is advisable that you bring your umbrella just in case it pours.

<6am>: Handed out FIRST PAGE of Appointment Letter/P4 and PASSPORT to an Embassy staff. Then the lady gave back my ziplocked passport and handed me a 2go shipping info slip.

Then we went inside and had our bags checked. **Tip: Don't bring any gadgets, Flashdrives, Powerbanks, and even bottled water. I was advised to dispose my bottled water in a trashcan inside the Embassy premises.

<6:20am>: Was able to obtain my lucky number. Was advised to enter another building through DOOR 2 (baggage check again). And then one of the Embassy assistants (they look like interns to me) collected Appointment Letters/P4 from applicants and dropped it in Window 39.

<Approx. 6:30am>: My number was flashed on the screen.

*Even though my husband accompanied me inside, I went to all the Windows alone.

Window 42: American Consul- Very nice and pleasant-looking. Asked my name and date of birth.

Finger Scan> Left Four Fingers. Right four fingers. Then two thumbs together. And I was asked to go back to my seat and wait for my number on the queue board.

<Approx. 7am>:

Window 56: My name was called out over their speaker system by a Filipina consul. I think she is between nice and strict. Asked me these questions:

*Name

*Birthday

*Date of Marriage

*When and where did we meet?

*Who introduced us?

*When did our relationship start?

*When is the last time I was with my husband?

-- Here, I told the Filipina consul that my husband is with me, sitting in the waiting area. :)

***Of all the documents I carefully prepared, tabbed, and labeled, she only asked for my CEMAR and our pictures. Since my photo album didn't fit the hole where you drop documents through, I gave our new pictures (Nov 2014) that are not in my short and stocky album. And then she told me, with a surprised face, "magkamukha kayo ha!"?? And ofcourse I smiled and giggled a bit coz we often get that comment from people! Haha. ?

<Approx. 8:20am>

Window 64: American consul. Very friendly. > Oath-taking in English. Finger scan> Right four fingers.

<Approx. 8:30 am>:

Window 61: American consul. Final Interview. I was a bit jittery at this point. But he's nice, so that calmed me down a bit.. Asked me these questions:

*Name

*Date of Birth

*Date of Marriage

*When and how did we meet?

*My husband's name

*His present work position

And then he said: Okay, everything looks good. Wait for your number to appear in the queue board for further instructions.

And of course, I would want to make sure what's going on. So I bravely asked while smiling, "Thank you sir, so what would I tell my husband about my application?"

He said the magic words: "Oh it's APPROVED!" And then recited the 7-10 working days spiel. Hehe. ???

He didn't even bother to look at the additional evidences I prepared. Argh. ?

Window 72: Finale!

I was a bit nervous coz the old man before me was given a 221g. But then luckily, the woman told me everything's perfect so I may now drop my shiping info slip to Window 69. I requested for pickup in a 2go branch nearest my area.

TIPS:

1. Eat breakfast.

2. Arrive 2-3 hours before your schedule.

3. Bring umbrella in case it rains.

4. Make sure you brought all needed documents.

5. Smile!!!! And be confident!

6. Bring loads of patience for the long lines and queue.

7. Glue your attention on the queue board. Listen to the intercom. coz sometimes stub number is announced thru speaker and doesn't appear on the queue board (like what happened to me in Window 56).

8. Be audible and clear. Make sure the interviewer can hear and understand you.

9. Above all, PRAY and TRUST IN GOD!! ?

Seeing my husband's sleepy yet happy face when I told him the good news is just priceless!

Thank you VJ family for your help and support. Goodluck to all the upcoming interviews! ??

Edited by NKrishMT

USCIS

05/13/2014: Sent I-130 to USCIS

05/19/2014: NOA1 Email Received. Assigned to NSC.

05/22/2014: NOA1 Hardcopy

06/16/2014: NOA2 Email. Approved. :dancing:

06/19/2014: NOA2 Hardcopy

06/20/2014: I-130 shipped to NVC

NVC

07/02/2014: Case received at NVC

07/11/2014: NVC confirmed they received our package on July 2.

07/23/2014: Got Case Number, IIN, BIN

07/30/2014: DS-261 Available and Completed

08/01/2014: Received NVC Instructions & AOS Invoice (Email)

08/01/2014: Called NVC to rectify spelling of address

08/03/2014: Paid AOS fee on CEAC (in process)

08/05/2014: AOS Fee in PAID status

08/13/2014: AOS Packet Mailed

08/14/2014: AOS Received at NVC

08/15/2014: AOS Scanned

09/03/2014: DS-261 Reviewed according to NVC rep

Waited for 41 days (29 business days) for IV invoice :dancing:

09/09/2014: Received IV invoice (Email)

09/10/2014: Paid IV fee on CEAC (in process)

09/11/2014: IV fee in PAID status

09/11/2014: IV Packet Mailed

09/12/2014: DS-260 Completed

09/12/2014: IV Packed received at NVC
09/15/2014: IV Scanned
Waited for 35 calendar days for AOS Acceptance and Case Complete :clock:

10/21/2014: Case Complete :dancing::whistle:

10/31/2014: Received Interview Instructions (P4)

EMBASSY

11/04/2014: Medical Exam at SLEC (2-day process) PASSED!

12/01/2014: Interview APPROVED! :dance:

12/09/2014: Visa on Hand

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

many Congratulations!! What are all the requirements to go this process?? is this guarantee if you go this route? how much money do you spent from beginning till you finish the process? and so you receive your visa for just 6 months? did somebody help you to do the process?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.