Julie+Matt

London Visa delivery through the holidays

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Okay…I know this should go in the England forum, but for some reason there isn't a "post new topic" button there, so I'm posting it here.

How much will the holidays delay visa issuance? Matt's interview isn't until December 19th. Does this mean that it won't even be issued until after New Years??? He's telling me a lot of couriers don't do deliveries during the holidays over there, and that DX is closed from December 19th to January 5th and they're who handles the Visa deliveries.

Has anyone been through this process at this time of year? He's really really depressed that it might be weeks after the new year before he can make it here, which is insane to me, considering our regular mail service delivers 6 days a week and many couriers deliver on holidays. Hopefully…he can be here a bit after new years…

This hurts...

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

I feel your pain ...

I have my interview in London on 18th and am also worried about missing Christmas, New Year and my OH's birthday early January due to possible delays in getting my passport back over the holiday shutdown. However, I called DX and they confirmed they only close 25th and 26th December and 1st January and are working all other days as normal. It would be great to hear from others who interviewed at the same time last year to see what their experience was with passport delivery.

I know it is really tough to plan flights etc during this period which adds to the stress. The way I have tried to deal with the ambiguity is to make some plans and try to take back some control as it often feels like we don't have much during this process.

Like others I contacted the London embassy to see if an interview was available earlier in December or even a cancellation at short notice as I live close by. I was told this wasn't possible and to plan for my interview on 18th. So after the initial disappointment I've planned to have a wonderful Christmas in the UK will all my family, nieces and nephews. I've arranged for my house to be packed up and prepared for shipping 29-30th and I'll then be staying with family, with my suitcases packed, twiddling my thumbs and ready to book a flight and leave as soon as my passport is available. I REALLY hope this will be New Years Eve or at least before his birthday so we don't miss all the special occasions. But if it take a few extra weeks so be it ....

Hang on in there...we are both nearly at the end of this crazy journey and will soon be with our fiancés.

Good luck to you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Good to know! Thanks. I was looking at DXs site last night, & while it only had the delivery schedule for their regular service, it only showed they were closed a few days. Matt was in a really depressed mood last night & before I looked told me he checked & they weren't delivering the 19th-jan 5.

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.