Gemspace

7 weeks already and case still stuck at nvc

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i am under k-1 but nvc didnt send our case to manila embassy yet.. we cant move forward because of this.. possible reasons why they hold up case.. and how long is the longest waiting for this case??

Since your timeline isn't filled out, I want to ask

1.) Do you already have your MNL number or are you waiting for NVC to receive the case from USCIS?

2.) Have you called NVC to ask if your case has been shipped to the Philippines?

3.) Did you try asking NVC if your case is in A.P.?

Because there is no way it would take 7 weeks for NVC to send them out. Mine took 17 days and I thought that was long.

It would really help us a lot if you fill out your timeline so we know which step you are actually on.

Edited by iammrsregi

Timeline

Since your timeline isn't filled out, I want to ask

1.) Do you already have your MNL number or are you waiting for NVC to receive the case from USCIS?

2.) Have you called NVC to ask if your case has been shipped to the Philippines?

3.) Did you try asking NVC if your case is in A.P.?

Because there is no way it would take 7 weeks for NVC to send them out. Mine took 17 days and I thought that was long.

It would really help us a lot if you fill out your timeline so we know which step you are actually on.

my case was received in nvc october 8 and when we called nvc they told us we are under ap.. a nice gentlemen once answer my fiance call last week and he talked to a supervisor for our case...and he told my fiance they start processing our case october 23 and after 20 business days we will send our papers to my embassy but the 20 business days passed but upon checking our case tbrough ceac its still says at nvc..

We can only speculate but a lot of people are being held up because of AP too. Have you called them again to follow up on the petition?

Try to jump on this thread too. Its all about people who are in AP at NVC stage. Maybe you can find something helpful:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/436021-stuck-nvc-for-ap-part-ii/page-10

Edited by iammrsregi

Timeline

We can only speculate but a lot of people are being held up because of AP too. Have you called them again to follow up on the petition?

Try to jump on this thread too. Its all about people who are in AP at NVC stage. Maybe you can find something helpful:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/436021-stuck-nvc-for-ap-part-ii/page-10

yeah...i had read the forum already and most of them got held up for only 3 weeks the longest.. ours is unbelievably long time now...we followed up once a week but still the same :(

Timeline

Our application was sent to NVC on October 16. The I-797 says if you do not receive any correspondence from NVC within 30 days, you may contact the NVC by email at NVCINQUIRY@state.gov. I've sent three emails to that address and one to an additional email I learned of here on Visajourney. No replies to any of the emails..

I've tried their phone number. It's always busy.. except this morning around 9:30 a.m. when it was answered with a recorded message that said the information was not available.

Absolutely pathetc! I've been through this process before and all was smooth sailing....

Very disappointed! According to what I've read here there must be some additional processing....

Edited by JimS

Timeline

Our application was sent to NVC on October 16. The I-797 says if you do not receive any correspondence from NVC within 30 days, you may contact the NVC by email at NVCINQUIRY@state.gov. I've sent three emails to that address and one to an additional email I learned of here on Visajourney. No replies to any of the emails..

I've tried their phone number. It's always busy.. except this morning around 9:30 a.m. when it was answered with a recorded message that said the information was not available.

Absolutely pathetc! I've been through this process before and all was smooth sailing....

Very disappointed! According to what I've read here there must be some additional processing....

yes.. its frustrating they didnt even replied our email ..we email them 1 month ago.. today is our 2 months.. unbelievable .. anyway u dont have a case number yet?

Timeline

The receipt we received does have the receipt number, WAC-14-***-*****, and a 10 digit number beginning with A in the beneficiary box with her name on the I-797 Notice of Action receipt. I believe this is known as the "A" number and is assigned to the beneficiary as a permanent alien registration number. If that is her case number I'm not sure but I know all immigrants get one of these.

Jim

Edited by JimS

Timeline

The receipt we received does have the receipt number, WAC-14-***-*****, and a 10 digit number beginning with A in the beneficiary box with her name on the I-797 Notice of Action receipt. I believe this is known as the "A" number and is assigned to the beneficiary as a permanent alien registration number. If that is her case number I'm not sure but I know all immigrants get one of these.

Jim

thats your receipt number you received from uscis.. thats what u used to.check at uscis website...u will get your case number from the nvc and it will start from MNL1234567890

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.