iamjemaeden

Child Citizen Act 2000 (CCA 2000)

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I have applied for CRBA twice this year but it got denied. Because i am missing 22 days stay in the US to complete 1 continuous year stay in the US.

So now

I am applying i-130 thru DCF in US embassy Manila.

Now i am confuse of what to submit for AOS if it's the i-864 or the i-864w.

Because the i-864w says that if you are petitioning a child below 14years old you dont need to submit an i-864. Because the child will be automatically become a US citizen upon entry in the US (this is under the new law of CCA2000)

So i read the CCA 2000. It has a lot of sub topics. And the two got me so confused.

The subtopic of

"which children will automatically become citizens under the new law." Because it has whole different qualifications to be met. And the other one .

"is automatic citizenship provided for children born and residing outside the US" (that is the reason why my kid did not qualify for crba) and it has another qualifications to be met which obviously i didnt meet.

Could you pls enlighten me to those 2 different things. Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

I am a US citizen by parent born in the philippines living here in texas for a year now.. I am currently petetioning my 5 years old daughter for an immigrant visa. I applied her for a CRBA in the philippine us embassy before i came here last year and she got denied because i lack proof of 5 years stay in the US. I dnt have all school records and hospital records when i gave birth to my daughter in hawaii. They really want 5 years exact. So i had no choice i had to

Leave her because my other daughter was overstaying in the philippines and we have to pay bid clearance (Philippines immigration) if we stay longer. So here i am doing all i can to get her an immigrant visa. Than trying to apply her crba again. I will get denied again if i keep trying. My daughter got case completed the other day and i am now waiting for nvc to give me appoinment schedule. But before that i spent 8 months of sleepless nights and deppressions while waiting for my daughter's petition thats taking a long time. We've been spending 1 year and 1 month away

From each talking on skype everyday before she goes to sleep and when she gets up in the morning. Its very hard for me. Seeing a case complete the other was a big relief and also the best christmas present ever. I was so happy when i saw a case complete and now waiting for nvc

To give them appoinment for her interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.