perfect

Docs required for Brazil interview

5 posts in this topic

We have all the docs listed on the website! Do we also need to provide copy of petitioner passport, birth certificate, naturalization certificate? My son is also sending his Brazilian fiancée a full copy of the original I-129F petition. Is there anything else she will need for her interview from him? Just out of curiosity, their NOA2 was November 14 - what kind of timescale are they looking at for the actual interview?

1. Two frontal photograph showing both ears (5 X 5cm or 5 X 7cm);
  1. Valid passport (at least eight months validity remaining);
  1. Visa fee that should be paid at the Consulate's cashier on the day of the visa interview;
  1. Form DS-160 filled online. Please print and bring only the barcode confirmation page;
  1. Application for Immigrant Visa‐form DS 230‐I (only first page should be completed and signed);
  1. Sworn statement (for fiancées only);
  1. Birth Certificate (even if previously married);
  1. Termination of previous marriages (if applicable) with a simple copy;
  1. Police Certificate(s) - In Brazil you need two: from the Federal Police and the State Police (Secretaria de Segurança Pública) with a simple copy;
  1. Financial Support - E.g.: Affidavit of Support (I‐134 Form) including supporting documents. (see form instructions for attachments);
  1. Sealed envelope of Medical Examination Report;
  1. Complete Court Records, judicial situation, including processes in Brazil and in the U.S. (if applicable) with a simple copy;
  1. USCIS/DHS processes/records (e.g. deportation proceedings, voluntarily removal, change of visa category processes, petitions or hearings before immigration judges, asylum papers, etc.) with a simple copy.

OUR TIMELINE

K1 VISA & MARRIAGE - 8 MONTHS

17 February 2004 Sent I-129F petition CSC - It was APPROVED in 147 days

3 September 2004 INTERVIEW IN LONDON SUCCESSFUL VISA APPROVED! MARRIED OCTOBER 16, 2004

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS - 5 MONTHS

4 January 2005 - Submitted applications for AOS and EAD - 12 May 2005 Conditional Permanent Residency Approved - interview in Santa Ana

4 June 2005 CPR 2-year Green Card arrives in mail

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS - 3½ MONTHS

8 May 2007 - I-751 sent to CSC - 23 August 2007 - Approved - Card production ordered

30 August 2007 - 10 year Green Card received

K2 TIMELINE (Stayed behind in UK to finish school)

28 March 2005 - embassy interview & medical London - visa granted

01/18/06 Applications for AOS/EAD sent - 03/28/06 EAD approved

4/3/06 - RFE for AOS - requested new medical and vacc supplement

4/26/06 - approved without interview and welcome letter sent

05/02/2006 - Greencard arrives in mail

03/14/08 - Petition to Remove Conditions mailed to CSC delivered - 7/2/08 APPROVED

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE (for myself and son) 5 MONTHS

April 18, 2011 - N-400 Applications Mailed to AZ lockbox

April 21 (received April 25) NOAs

May 12 - FP Letters mailed

May 16 - Received FP appointment letters for June 8 at 11am

August 1 - Interview - approved for Oath Ceremony - OATH CEREMONY 28 SEPTEMBER

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

It looks good! I didn't take any of those US documents you referred to.

You can see the most recently scheduled interviews here: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=0&op1=5&op2=d&op3=1&op4=1&op5=5,6,8,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,25,26,27,28,108,110,111,208,210,211&op6=All&op66=All&op7=Brazil&dfile=No&adv=0

It looks like a person with an Oct. 15th NOA2 has his/her interview on Jan. 27th, so hers should be on February or March.

Now, personal advice from what I've been going through:

Tell them to try to get her to do the medical prior to the interview so that she can take the exams with her. Mine were misplaced and my visa is late. It's hell trying to get answers from them. And don't buy tickets until you have it in hand.

Good luck!

Thank you so much!

OUR TIMELINE

3 September 2004 INTERVIEW IN LONDON SUCCESSFUL VISA APPROVED! MARRIED OCTOBER 16, 2004

4 January 2005 - Submitted applications for AOS and EAD - 12 May 2005 Conditional Permanent Residency Approved - interview in Santa Ana

8 May 2007 - I-751 sent to CSC - 23 August 2007 - Approved - Card production ordered

03/14/08 - Petition to Remove Conditions mailed to CSC delivered - 7/2/08 APPROVED

Sorry to bother you, but since you're Brazil too - do they need just one year of tax returns or the last 3 years?

OUR TIMELINE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Sorry to bother you, but since you're Brazil too - do they need just one year of tax returns or the last 3 years?

No problem! I only got one year.

As far as I understand, tax returns are not even completely necessary, just recommended.

Edited by Mariana M.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.