iamgemini18

AOS APPLICATION REJECTED PLEASE HELP

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi i just got a mail from USICS rejection notice...

This is reference to the I- 485 application to register permanent resudebce or asjust status,

You submitted. Your I-485 fees and any supporting documentation is being returned to you for the ff reason.

The check amount is incorrect, or has not been provided. Please review the form instruction for fee information.

Please be sure to complete the application fully, submit the appropriate fees, and include all thr required supporting documentation...

I just dont get it...

I filled up those forms and the money is correct 2340

1070 for me

1270 for my kids

Im just not sure if the ead and travel docs fee is included for 1070 fee which is for i-485...

I filed it together so it should be included the fees for ead and travel docs...

Pls help me i need to resubmit it asap...

Can u explain to me if the travel docs abd ead has a separate fee even u filed it together with i-485?

Thank u sooo much...

M really worried

Timeline

2 kids 5 and 3 y/o

Maybe my money orders werent correct...

I wrote US DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY...

I think i should write

U.S. Department of Homeland Security...

And do i have to note those money orders purpose of fees?

Filed: Timeline

According to the fee schedule table, the numbers are correct:

1 adult (application fee + biometrics fee) : 985 + 85 = $1070

2 x children under 14 (no biometrics fee) : 2 x 635 = $1270

Total: $2340

http://www.uscis.gov/i-485

It certainly seems that they have returned the package because the payee was "US Department of Homeland Security" rather than "U.S. Department of Homeland Security"

Unless anyone else can figure out if there's something missing here, I would just re-do the money orders with the missing full stops added to the payee line and re-send.

Seems a bit silly, in my opinion, but it could be due to strict banking regulations about how payees can be referenced.

Alternatively, an overzealous checker could have noted that your two children are adjusting with you, but they didn't note that they are under 14 and therefore aren't required to pay a biometrics fee. Therefore, your package was rejected because they believed that you are missing the biometrics fees for your two children. In which case, you can re-do your cover letter to say that the children are under 14 and therefore no biometrics fee payment was included for them. I put "I-485 Application fee and biometrics" where it says "Memo" on the money order. But you could do two separate money orders: one for yourself noting the inclusion of the biometrics fee and one for the children noting that it only covers their AOS application.

Edited by landr

Timeline

Hey guys thnk u so much for ur responses...

Gonna send it tomorrow morning thru express mail... I made mistakes with my travel docs... I applied for re entry which mean theres a feee for that... Now i just have print them then resubmit...

Oh God it scares me... Wasted two weeks... But ill be okay...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.