rahal2

New Delhi Interview Question

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everybody,

My wife's interview is next week and I have sent her all the copies of original documents and other documents to proof our relationship.

My question is that do I have to send her the I864 form (I have a Joint Sponsor) with recent tax return and copy of W2?

I don't have any of those as I had no income so did not file taxes but do I have to send joint sponsor's?

I had already sent these documents to NVC..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

In your appointment confirmation, the instructions should say this:

For a Consular Interview:

Affidavit of Support: Form I-134, Tax returns, W2s and job letter.(If not already submitted to the NVC)

You already submitted them to NVC? Then you should be ok. Do you happen to have a copy? I'd bring it if you have it, to be safe.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Thanks for the reply. I don't have the copies but do you know if they ask for the original W2 copies?

Can anybody who recently got interviewed verify this please?

The interview letter clearly states you need to bring updated AOS... job letter and W2s are necessary... since you have a joint sponsor and if his/her income is sufficient for total household then you have to go with I-864 with tax returns from the joint sponsor. They won't ask her but in case they might want to see an updated one...

Edited by dnp2014

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

That's the problem, my joint sponsor is traveling and I can't make another copy of his tax return.. Anybody can please confirm if they really ask for this in interview?

If your interview letter states financial documents already send to embassy then no worry

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.