Mr. Big Dog

America’s Youngest Outcasts

41 posts in this topic

I dint know why but lately when I hear someone refer to as Americans as 'muricans or our country as 'murka I feel like squeezing a limey by the neck. It's strange since I'm normally a pretty peaceful person.

Don't feel bad. Anytime you think living in 'Murika is bad, try living in Deutschland with a Somalia bride. No matter HOW bad you have it, someone has it worse...

Ah. The name confused me;)

But I do Agree it is someone we all know

Filed: Timeline

But I thought things were so much better and kids were dying to get here.

Which is it ?

Things being better is relative, isn't it? For those living in total despair in a third world country - where the condition of these 2.5 million kids discussed in the OP paper is the way of life for everyone - this place still looks like a good deal. A great deal, really. But is that what America has come to? Is that good enough now? To be the beacon only for the most desperate of the world's population? We used to have a higher standard for this country. Good to know that we're now happy with being second rate.

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

Things being better is relative, isn't it? For those living in total despair in a third world country - where the condition of these 2.5 million kids discussed in the OP paper is the way of life for everyone - this place still looks like a good deal. A great deal, really. But is that what America has come to? Is that good enough now? To be the beacon only for the most desperate of the world's population? We used to have a higher standard for this country. Good to know that we're now happy with being second rate.

I think I got it now. We suck but not as bad as Mexico. And things have gotten much worse the last 6 years but it's Bushs fault unless it improved then Obama did it

I think I got it now. We suck but not as bad as Mexico. And things have gotten much worse the last 6 years but it's Bushs fault unless it improved then Obama did it

You're still off on the second part of what you think you got. We're on a race to the bottom and we're doing nothing about it. Not Obama, not Bush, not anyone. We're heading straight for the next depression and some want to actually accelerate the ride by taking from the lower rungs and giving to the top as if the top hasn't squeezed the lower rungs enough already.

You're still off on the second part of what you think you got. We're on a race to the bottom and we're doing nothing about it. Not Obama, not Bush, not anyone. We're heading straight for the next depression and some want to actually accelerate the ride by taking from the lower rungs and giving to the top as if the top hasn't squeezed the lower rungs enough already.

So Obama is leading us straight into another depression. Got it

No, you don't got it. I'm about to give up on you again. That path started long ago. To put it into words you might understand, Obama posed as a foreign student then. We had an actor in the White House that gave the starting shot for that race to the bottom. And not much has changed since. All the gains in productivity go to a select few while the vast majority of Americans gets to wait for that wealth to finally start trickling down. It isn't happening - was never meant to either - but that doesn't mean that many Americans still believe it will. After all, the actor said so.

What's wrong with living in Germany with a Somalia bride? That's right. Nothing.

So if Murica sucks so bad, and Germany is great. Why are you here ?