Dieseltu

Things are a little out of the ordinary.

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

K1 AOS. Hello All.

Id like some guidance I guess. Im not even sure how to do my timeline. I'm leaving a lot out too. My wife's been here a little over a year from China . We are married a little over a year too. Last December I had a car wreck and couldn't sleep in a bed until about May. She has had a lot of trouble adjusting. Myself also.

I just had a followup interview a week ago , and it was requested to be without my wife. It was not the same officer , at my first interview that they kicked me out of. They filmed the first interview but not the recent one.

Some things discussed were. Agent watched out tape again. He was in charge of my case now. They told me they believed me, I brought her here for legitimate reasons, but he could not decide about my wife. But they thought strongly she wanted a green card. But were not sure. They have a very strong reason to think this.

Someone reported to immigration in writing that they thought my wife was here for a green card. Then they recanted and wrote another letter saying it was a mistake. Immigration also went to visit my other house I don't live in. Because they did not see my change of address. He wanted details about our sleeping arrangements. What size beds, ect. Two days ago they (two officers) showed up at my buddies shop and asked him a bunch of questions about my visits there with my wife. What she said . Did he ever hear her say she wanted to get a greencard . and a divorce or move out. And some other irrelevent things. His opinion of our marriage. ect. Also after out initial interview which was around august. they told us to go get criminal background checks for her because I changed my address. Which I got pretty fast and mailed them in.

We never received a paper letter about the follow up. It was a phone call. Come by myself. And they let me decide what time and day , ect.

Also they , the first interview officer, called to tell me that I could withdrawel my affidavit of support. This was right after our first interview. At that time I didn't know what that meant. But I wrote them a letter saying I would not do it. About a month later.

Also the new officer, said it would be about three weeks for them to decide .If she can stay. After he visited my friends shop. And he didn't make the decision , somebody else would. And they would rather not issue her a green card , and wait to see how things work out, because its damn near impossible to get back two years later. He said We have a fair chance she can stay.

What should I do if they say my wife has to leave is the most important thing.

That's about the sum of it.

Thanks

Edited by Dieseltu

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.