SraAcero

Dominican Republic K1 USTRAVELDOCS.COM

19 posts in this topic

I called the new number early today they told me that in order to give me some information about my case and if I have an interview date scheduled already I will need my fiance passport number I didn't have it cuz i though we only need it our case number

I'm so confused now

and other thing when I log in to the new page idk what to now at the top there's a notice that said I believe that you need to fill out your ds 160 in order to get an interview by the way my case is in the embassy since Oct 21

I called them this morning as well and they were absolutely clueless. They kept telling me that i needed to pay the visa fee on line and then they could schedule my appointment. I then told the representative that we pay fee the day of our interview at Santo Domingo and she had no clue. She then gave me the number to USCIS and they could answer any additional questions I thought why would I call USCIS if my case is already at the embassy. It was a complete waste of time i'm so frustrated!

I called them this morning as well and they were absolutely clueless. They kept telling me that i needed to pay the visa fee on line and then they could schedule my appointment. I then told the representative that we pay fee the day of our interview at Santo Domingo and she had no clue. She then gave me the number to USCIS and they could answer any additional questions I thought why would I call USCIS if my case is already at the embassy. It was a complete waste of time i'm so frustrated!

Oh My Goooooood I wanna scream.... Idk I send an email to the embassy to see what I'm suppose to do I just hope this don't make us wait more or idk make the process at the embassy longer

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Caribbean Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is country-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

NVC CAN GIVE YOU THE INTERVIEW DATE

What You mean Llamo al NVC Y ellos me pueden decir si ya el consulado me dio una cita? because they told me that just contact the embassy en santo domingo

I'm just confused I think I'm a just relaxed and hope that they send me the pck 4 very soon

What You mean Llamo al NVC Y ellos me pueden decir si ya el consulado me dio una cita? because they told me that just contact the embassy en santo domingo

I'm just confused I think I'm a just relaxed and hope that they send me the pck 4 very soon[/quote

Si tu peticion esta en el consulado ya nvc no tiene nada que decirte.

El centro de llamada solo esta funcionando con las visas no immigrante, turistas, estudiante y de trabajo.

las demas visas entran en ese nuevo proceso en enero 2015.

Asi que envia un e-mail al consulado a santodomingovisas@state.gov

Espera 2 dias laborables y ver que te responden.

Yo llame hoy y cuando dije que era una k1 me dijeron que no estan trabajando con esas visas en el call center.

Yo tambien envie un email a santodomingovisas@state.gov hoy y me mandaron la fecha de mi cita hoy mismo.

Good Eve To all::

please don't get confused with this ultra docs site, As Ilovemyman says, this is only functional for non immigrant visa right now until January. If you already have your SDO number than track on CEAC Site or call Embassy directly, you should not allow them to misinform you. Be assertive but cordial and above all patient. If you already have a "cita" then follow instructions before the change.

I wish you guys all the best

Yo tambien envie un email a santodomingovisas@state.gov hoy y me mandaron la fecha de mi cita hoy mismo.

Wonderful!!! Congrats!! Wishing you lots of luck

TIME LINE

5/21/14 - MAILED I-129F PETITION (L)

5/22/14 - USCIS RCVD PETITION :)

5/27/14 - NOA1 :)

8/11/14 - TRANSFERRED TO CSC?? :unsure:

9/16/14 - NOA2 EMAIL!!! :dancing:

9/22/14 - NOA2 HARD COPY!! :)

10/6/14 - NVC RECEIVED APPROVED PETITION, CASE NUMBER PROVIDED.

10/8/14 - CEAC STATUS "READY"

10/9/14 - PACKAGE LEFT NVC TO DR CONSULATE! :dancing:

10/14/14 - CONSULATE RECEIVED :yes:

10/16/14 - CEAC STATUS UPDATE DATE CHANGE: STILL "READY"

10/20/14 - GOT MY INTERVIEW FOR 12/15/14, CALLED CONSULATE IN DR :goofy:

10/21/14 - INTERVIEW DATE POSTED ON THE IV CURRENT APPOINTMENT LIST

10/24/14 - CEAC STATUS UPDATE DATE CHANGE: STILL "READY"

11/03/14 - PACKET 4 RCVD

12/15/14 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!! :D

12/18/14 - CEAC STATUS - ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING..........

12/19/14 - CEAC STATUS - ISSUED!

12/24/14 - VISA PICKED UP AT DOMEX

12/25/14 - ENTERED US /FORT LAUDERDALE POE

01/07/15 - SS RECVD

03/01/15 - MARRIED

04/09/15 - AOS PACKAGE SUBMITTED VIA FEDEX

04/14/15 - NOA RCVD

05/07/15 - BIOMETRICS COMPLETED

06/23/15 - EAD APPROVED

I'm going to try that too! I'm impressed that you got an answer the same day! :)

3-26-14 Mailed I-129F via USPS signature confirmation
3-29-14 Signature confirmation (4am on a Saturday! ;))
4-3-14 Text message from USCIS saying that case was received (NOA1) and transferred to Texas Service Center
4-3-14 Check Cashed
4-3-14 Alien Registration Number changed
4-7-14 Official Paper NOA1 received in the mail
8-11-14 Notice of Transfer to CSC
9-17-14 NOA2 received by e-mail and text message
10-09-14 NVC received
10-10-14 Case # assigned
10-15-14 NVC says "In Transit"

10-16-14 NCV says "Ready"
10-17-14 DHL says package delivered

10-18-14 Received Paper NVC notice (with fiance's first name spelled wrong)

11-9-14 Received appt letter

11-19-14 Received E-mail with interview date for 1-7-15

1-7-15 Interview - Approved but medical exam was not at consulate due to holidays
3-11-2015 Finally received visa.
8-8-15 Traveled to the US together. Arrived in Boston with no problems.

I'm confused too.

According to the embassy site - now my fiancé has to do the DS-160 but also the DS-260?

http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas.html

<<All immigrant visa applicants need to fill out the new DS-260, electronically, https://ceac.state.gov/iv/. Immigrant visa applicants who have already completed all steps required by the National Visa Center (including submission of the DS-230) and are waiting for their visa appointment are not required to complete the DS-260.>>

Am I reading it wrong?

Katy

I called the new number early today they told me that in order to give me some information about my case and if I have an interview date scheduled already I will need my fiance passport number I didn't have it cuz i though we only need it our case number
I'm so confused now
and other thing when I log in to the new page idk what to now at the top there's a notice that said I believe that you need to fill out your ds 160 in order to get an interview by the way my case is in the embassy since Oct 21

3-26-14 Mailed I-129F via USPS signature confirmation
3-29-14 Signature confirmation (4am on a Saturday! ;))
4-3-14 Text message from USCIS saying that case was received (NOA1) and transferred to Texas Service Center
4-3-14 Check Cashed
4-3-14 Alien Registration Number changed
4-7-14 Official Paper NOA1 received in the mail
8-11-14 Notice of Transfer to CSC
9-17-14 NOA2 received by e-mail and text message
10-09-14 NVC received
10-10-14 Case # assigned
10-15-14 NVC says "In Transit"

10-16-14 NCV says "Ready"
10-17-14 DHL says package delivered

10-18-14 Received Paper NVC notice (with fiance's first name spelled wrong)

11-9-14 Received appt letter

11-19-14 Received E-mail with interview date for 1-7-15

1-7-15 Interview - Approved but medical exam was not at consulate due to holidays
3-11-2015 Finally received visa.
8-8-15 Traveled to the US together. Arrived in Boston with no problems.

I'm confused too.

According to the embassy site - now my fiancé has to do the DS-160 but also the DS-260?

http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas.html

<<All immigrant visa applicants need to fill out the new DS-260, electronically, https://ceac.state.gov/iv/. Immigrant visa applicants who have already completed all steps required by the National Visa Center (including submission of the DS-230) and are waiting for their visa appointment are not required to complete the DS-260.>>

Am I reading it wrong?

Katy

Must be we just need to fill out the ds 160 online and the ds 156k

Wow que chulo espero qe a mi también e den Buenas noticias ya qe mi caso lo recibieron una semana antes que el tuyo debes de estar super happy

Wow que chulo espero qe a mi también e den Buenas noticias ya qe mi caso lo recibieron una semana antes que el tuyo debes de estar super happy

Si,estamos super felices. Ya lo mandastes un mensaje al email to see if they have given you a cita already?

Edited by Pedro and Jerrica

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.