Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Became US citizen 1 year ago and brining 13 year old daughter to US HELP

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My wife is from Manila, she has now become a Proud US citizen and her daughter has been with her family in Manila since she has gotten to the states. We filed I-130 and received approval on the 7th of Nov 2014 via web site (still waiting for the letter). Seems like everything has changed since we did her 1-130 10 years ago so we need some help. The daughter does not have a passport yet, her grandma has attempted but they say the parent has to be present. My wife has planned on going over for the interview and spending 3-4 weeks there when we get the approval for the interview. Does the daughter need a passport before the NVC gets the final paper? If so how would we get her daughter a passport without making 2 long expensive trips back to manila to get the passport then wait and have to go back for the interview and bring her home.

Please, any info you can shed that would help us would be greatly helpful.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If both parents are abroad:

  • Affidavit of Support and Consent (ASC) executed by either parent indicating the name of the traveling companion (authenticated by the nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate General). If minor is illegitimate, mother should execute the ASC.

Special Power of Attorney (SPA) with an attached photocopy of either parent’s valid passport (authenticated by the nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate General) authorizing a representative in assisting the child to apply for a passport. If minor is illegitimate, mother should execute the SPA.

Original and photocopy of DSWD Clearance

  • There is no need to secure a DSWD Clearance if the minor traveling abroad has parents who are in the Foreign Service or living abroad or are immigrants, provided he / she is holding a valid pass such as a dependent’s visa / pass / identification card or permanent resident visa / pass / identification card which serves as proof that he / she is living with parents abroad.

Proper ID of the duly authorized representative (Please refer to List of Acceptable IDs)


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...